Chapter 35: The Results

I looked through my purse and gave her my documents. After she made a copy of my documents, she spoke.

"Well, here you go," She handed me back my documents and told me to have a seat.

"Thank you," I replied.

"No problem," She said as I and Ava sat down.

Soon after, a woman dressed in a doctor's attire called my name.

"Good luck," Ava spoke silently.

"Thanks," I nodded my head at her and met the doctor where they were.

"Hello, I'm Dr. Mills what can I do for you today she led me inside the patient room," She spoke.

"Well, I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't pregnant," I replied, and she nodded her head in understanding.

Once I reached the sonogram room, I laid on the warm patient's bed and waited.

"This surely will be over quickly," She reassured me, and I nodded my head.

She then told me to lift my shirt a bit and place a cold jelly-like substance on my stomach. "Just relax," She spoke softly as she used the sonogram to check my stomach.

Soon I saw on the screen was my ultrasound and echoing noise coming out of the machine.

When she viewed all sides of my stomach, she could not see anything, but she also wanted to make sure that my results were negative, so she ordered a nurse named Heather to do a blood test on me.

"I can have my nurse her who is Heather here," I looked towards the nurse who waved at me, and I returned my attention to the physician, "get you tested for a blood test to make sure if you are 100% pregnant or not," Dr. Mills replied as the nurse then came over.

While the nurse and I were having some small talk, Dr. Mills left the room to attend to her other patients.

The nurse named, Heather then punctured me with a needle, taking my blood sample to test to see if I was pregnant.

"Well, that's it. I'll definitely submit this right away and you can be on your way off," She spoke, and I nodded my head.

"Okay and thank you. I wanted to ask how long does it take to get back the results?" I asked, feeling anxious already. I hoped that I was not pregnant since I was not ready to be a mom nor have a kid with a narcissistic billionaire.

"Honestly, your results can be ready by tomorrow with our latest technology that can give patients fast results. Also, I will have our front desk person give you a call," She smiled at me and I did the same.

"Thank you and have a good day," I said, getting my things together so that I could go and meet Ava in the waiting room.

"Thank you and have a good day too!" She called out as I left the room.

After checking out with the front desk person, I was greeted in the waiting room by Ava who seemed to be happy more than usual.

I wondered what made her be in such a happy mood, but realized it was none of my business to know.

At the moment, I just needed to remove my mind from my current stressful situation.

"Hey, how did it go?" Ava smiled when we headed out of the hospital.

"It went okay. I'm waiting to get back the test results which should be by tomorrow," I replied.

"Well, that's good to know," She said.

"Yeah, it is. I also hope once more that my results are negative or else, I would be screwed," I said.

"Well, I hope also since eww to having your baby daddy being someone like Mr. Johnson. I mean he is a jerk and so not family life material," She rolled her eyes at the thought.

"Yeah, I should have thought of that before I did the act that led me to this mess, but I just want to think of something else please," I sighed when we got inside her car.

"Well, I surely understand what it is like to be very stressed out, but everything will be fine," She reassured me and drove us back to Johnson's residence.

While on our way back, Ava turned on the radio to some pop music that was by the generic artists of today as I tried to ignore the horrendous music.

I then stared out the passenger window and became lost in my thoughts.

© 2020. All Rights Reserved 2020 Punkxst