Chapter 21: Almost Caught

"Why are you scared of her? She's just a barking Chihuahua that won't do shit but pull you're here if you fight her," He rolled his eyes, "any way you're right since the door shouldn't have been locked in the first place so you being here seems suspicious," He sighed.

"Yeah so what do we do?" I asked, nervously.

"Well luckily you can just go through this door that leads to a bathroom and through the bathroom's door lead you out the hallway," He said as he directed the way to his office's bathroom.

"Thank you," I said, smiling a bit and he returned it.

"Anytime princess and you can lock the door since I have the key to open it," He winked at me as I entered into the bathroom and closed it behind me.

Once inside the bathroom, I closed the door and heard when Lola entered the office.

I then placed my ear against the door to hear a bit of their conversation before deciding to leave.

"What took you so long to open the door," I heard Lola said with attitude.

"Just handling some business," Donovan replied.

"Like you always do I see..." She replied.

"Anything you want because I was doing something important," Donovan said.

"Yes some maid claimed that you maybe got her pregnant," Lola said and I gasped being shocked with the news.

"Maybe? She's a liar since I didn't sleep with her so it's someone else's," He said.

"And that's what I thought also so I'm asking you again, are you sure that you didn't?" She asked him.

"Well obviously yes I am. And what is the name of that maid, so that I can see her off," He replied.

"It's Rosa, the one you hired last week," Lola replied.

"Damn," I muttered underneath my breath but I said it too loud since it drew Lola attention towards me.

"What was that?" Lola asked.

"What was what?" Donovan asked.

"I heard something-"

"You're just overthinking or imagining things because I didn't hear anything," Donovan said which I knew then it was my cue to leave.

Silently, I left the bathroom and ran back to my room before I was caught by Lola in the hallway.

I also made sure that no one saw me since I didn't want people to wonder why I was running.

I sighed in relief when I rested my head against my bedroom door.

I then checked the time to see that soon dinner would have to be served to my boss and his wife.

I knew it would be an awkward dinner since I'm sure Donovan knew I was eavesdropping on him and his wife's conversation.

After I recollected myself, I headed towards the kitchen to help prepare for dinner.

When I walked I saw Ava and Chelsea already starting to prepare the meals.

"Hey y'all" I greeted them and they turned their attention towards me and smiled.

"Hey, how are you?" Chelsea asked.

"Good, you?" I replied.

"Okay and I'm glad you're here so you can help make the salad and pasta. You can cook right?" She asked.

"Yeah somewhat and sure I will do so right away," I said, looking through the pantry to make the meal.

After getting the ingredients I needed, I started cooking the meals.

Once the meals were done, Ava tried my pasta and loved it.

"Wow this good," She smiled.

"Thank you," I replied. The smell of the food made my stomach grumbled.

I wanted to eat then, but I had to wait for The Johnson's to be done with their meal first before I could.

© 2020. All Rights Reserved 2020 Punkxst