Hurt

Shay couldn't believe she was at the clinic. She decided against discussing it with anybody else, it was too embarrassing. So she went by herself. Now she was second guessing that decision, she was feeling as though she couldn't do it alone.

Although the AC was nearly freezing, she was hot, sweating.

In her shaking hands, she held a bundle of pamphlets with various titles and content. Most though, revolving around STDs, HIV/AIDS, and the statistics.

As she stared down at them, she let her tears silently fall. She couldn't believe it had all come down to this.

She didn't deserve this...

She began thinking back, searching, wondering what she could have possibly done in the past that could have earned her such bad karma. As if being cheated on, twice, wasn't enough, she was now worrying about the state of her future. Everything was crumbling faster than she had built it.

"La-La-Shae-Li-Ah?" a nurse announced, stumbling over her name.

Shay got up, forcing a smile as she met the woman's gaze. It took all she had not break down again.

* ** * ** * ** * ** * ** *

After the nurse drew blood and swabbed her mouth, Shay was sent back into the waiting area.

Time had never moved slow. As she sat, she tried to gather her thoughts and emotions, but it was useless.

(Amani)

Amani ran as fast as she could, but it didn't take long for her emotions to catch up with her.

Her vision blurred. She couldn't believe he'd do such a spiteful thing. As if breaking her heart wasn't enough. Then he just tore it out and walked all over it.

He had moved on so fast that Amani wondered if Ray had ever truly loved her to begin with.

She quickly wiped away her tears with the back of her hand.

It was deep into the evening when she neared home. As she made it to her house, she raced through the door and up to her bedroom.

Slinging her food down, she flopped onto her bed and bursted into tears, sobbing wildly.

"Amani?" an unfamiliar, masculine voice questioned.

She hadn't even heard when her door opened, that's how loud she had been crying.

Sitting up, she made eye contact with a slim, light-skinned, fair-eyed boy. His curly brown hair cropped low.

He had to be one of Amani's brother, Amari's, friends.

She quickly wiped away her tears again.

"Who the hell are you? And what are you doing here?" she asked.

"I'm Bryen, I was on my way to your brother's room and overheard you crying and I just had to see what was wrong." he quickly explained.

Holding his hands up, he shrugged, "Sorry if I'm invading your personal space. If you want, I can leave."

Amani was about to open her mouth and respond, but he quickly cut her off, adding on to his last statement.

"Or, I can lend you a listening ear and a soft stomach."

"A what?" Amani asked, watching him weirdly, still trying to make sense of his offer.

"A soft stomach. You know, they say a shoulder to cry on, becomes a...." he paused, staring at her.

"Well, you know the rest. So instead, I'll give you a soft stomach to hold and a clean t-shirt to wipe your eyes on." he smiled wide, patting his stomach.

"I'd rather not bore you with my sob stories and bitching." Amani replied.

"I honestly don't mind. And I firmly believe that anything that can make a female cry, is worth a listen."

Again, Amani watched him oddly. "You're so...." she trailed.

"Different?" he finished.

"Yeah."

"So?"

"Hmm, listen at your own risk."

He smiled and sat on the floor, patting next to him.

* ** * ** * ** * ** * ** *

As she and Bryen laid on her bedroom floor, Amani smiled. It was true, she felt so much better, all that weight lifted off of her shoulders.

After she finished crying and sobbing, Bryen wiped her tears away and began telling her funny childhood stories that took her mind away from the pain, leaving her happy.

"So what's your hobbies?" he asked.

"Swimming, dancing, singing drawing. Yours?"

"Pretty much the same." he shrugged.

"You can sing?" she asked, as if it was impossible.

"Get ready for the shock." he winked.

He then cleared his throat and coughed several times.

Amani winced when he opened his mouth, expecting the worst.

"Lay your head on my pillow (on my pillow). Lay your head on my pillow (on my pillow). Lay it down, oh lay it down!" he crooned, pulling her closer to him, stroking her hair

Amani's heart stopped, she smiled.

"Beautiful." she murmured.

(Shay)

"Le-Shau-Le-Ah?" a next nurse questioned, staring down at the clipboard.

Getting up, she followed the lady back into another room.

As she sat down, she wondered how many other girls were in her very same position. She wondered how they felt. Wondered what was going through their minds.

She wondered how many of them left smiling; how many left crying. Most importantly, she wondered which one was she...

"Well," the lady started, staring down at the clipboard again.

Shay tried to read the expression and judge from that, but the nurse's face was neutral.

Her heart was beating so heavily, she could feel her pulse in her neck and wrists. She could even hear it.

She swallowed against a lump in her throat.

Her hands grew clammy and she began to tremble and shake nervously.

"There's good and bad news...." The nurse announced, "Which do you want to hear first?"

[A/N: Sorry it's short my Totterz. It's just sort of a teaser. But how do y'all like the way it's going? What's the feedback? What y'all think? What team y'all are? Give me some feedback. Much Love till next time! :D]