Damsel In Distress

“Keep your eyes on the road,” Prodigy muttered.

Khalil, cutting Prodigy one glance, gave the car a little more gas, surging them forward.

(Destination)

“How is she?” Ray Ray asked the doctor who was chatting with one of the nurses at the reception desk.

“Excuse me?” the man asked.

“Amani, a girl, she came into the ER yesterday.” Ray Ray explained.

The doctor, picked up his clipboard and began flipping through the pages then stopped.

“Ahh, Amani, room 143. She’s in critical condition. We were finally able to stabilize her. Right now she’s resting.” he explained.

By now everyone was around Ray Ray.

“Can we see her?” Rhian and Ray Ray asked uniously.

The doctor hesitated momentarily, the tall, lanky, brown haired man fixed his steel gray eyes on every teen before him, clicking his pen every second as he thought.

“Sure,” he whispered, spinning on his heels.

Shay couldn’t bring herself to get up from the seat in the waiting room. She didn’t want to see Amani in the condition she was in, the condition she caused. So she sat there alone, thinking the past few days over. She looked up as she heard footsteps coming down. She looked up and saw him making his way to her with two cups in hand.

“How is she?” Shay asked as he sat in the seat next to her,shoving one of his hands deep into his designer jeans, and with the other, handing her one of the Styrofoam cups.

He sighed, “Just as the doctor said, but how are you?” he asked.

“Huh?” Shay asked confused.

“I know everybody asked why you did what you did, but never asked are you okay. I mean really okay,” he explained calmly.

“You’re the first,” she confessed, her vision growing hazy and blurry as tears brimmed in her eyes.

“Come with me,” he murmured, reaching out his hand as he stood before her. 

His heart tightened in his chest as she hesitated, then swelled with pride as she accepted.

(Room 143)

“Where’s Shay, and Khalil?” Gianna asked.

Everyone shrugged.

“Khalil just left. I guess Shay ain’t come in,” Princeton explained.

(Shay)

Shay actually found herself smiling while Khalil walked with a her through the courtyard.

“You have a beautiful smile,” he whispered.

“Thanks,” she whispered.

“You’re really beautiful and have a pretty smile that can light up our world. Why don’t you smile more often?” he asked stopping and staring down at her.

Shay shrugged. “Not much to smile about in my life,” she reasoned. “I guess”

Khalil leaned in and kissed her softly on the lips. His lips tender and soft on hers. Drawing her to him, he gripped the back of her neck, stroking her nape. 

Shay gasped against his mouth and groaned whe she felt his tongue caressing her inner cheek. And then, and as randomly as it begun, he pulled away.

“How about now?” he whispered.