Can You Stand The Rain

(At The Hospital)

It was pouring rain, but amist the dewy atmosphere, was a happy ambiance amongst everyone. Khalil's wheels had barely licked the curb when Ray Ray throwed open the car door, barely missing a speeding car beside them.

"Whoa, hello, I know we both have money and all, but there's no need to be rediculous about it." Khalil swore.

Ray Ray ignored him, jumping out the car as he raced inside. Khalil looked back to the remainder of the gang, Gianna shrugged, then scooted her way out of the car, followed by Princeton, Roc Royal, Prodigy, Shay, Rhian, and CeCe.

After parking, he too got out and followed.

(Room 143)

Ray Ray basically ran into Amani as he entered her room. At the sound of the ruckus, Amani; startled, stared at the scene before her. Ray Ray stood there, absolutely drenched from head to toe. His hair, though in two thick braids, stuck to his face in curly tendrils. The ends of his braids dripping water onto his shoulders. His eyes wide, his vulnerability completely obvious, at least to her. Her heart swelled and bloomed with a mixture of emotions.

Blindly, Ray reached for Amani and enveloped her in a tight hug. He felt as she tensed against him. Holding his breath, he waited for her to push him away, but she didn't. What the hell? Amani thought, but deny it she couldn't it, she loved his embrace. She relaxed against him and let go the breath that she didn't know that she was holding. Pressing his face to hers, he gently grazed her cheeks with his lips.

"You don't know how worried I was and how much I missed you," he whispered into her ear.

.

The minute the words came out he wanted to kick himself. And he felt her tense up again, this time even more.

Damn. He thought to himself.

He missed me? she thought, her heart began to thunder in her chest.

But before he could correct himself, the door creaked open and in entered the Cece and everybody else.

Caught off-guard, Cecilia gasped. Her mind spun, as she saw him, her boyfriend (at least she thought he was), wrapped up in Amani's embrace. And he seemed so content, more content than when he was with her. Her heart sunk, plunging deeper in her chest than the Titanic in the Atlantic Ocean. She grew cold and formed goosebumbs at the reality.She looked away quickly.

Seeing Cece,s discomfort and feeling the pity, Gianna raced up to Amani and bumped Ray Ray out of the way and replacing him in the hug and kisses.

"We missed you!" Gianna chimed.

Ray Ray just stood there guffawing as everyone laughed.

"You were taking too long for me!" Gianna confessed.

Soon everyone enveloped Amani in a swarming hug, everyone except LaShaylia, she just stood by the door looking uncomfortable and as if she was ready to make a run for it at any moment.

As the hug dissolved, Amani and Shay made eye contact.

Everyone went silent and serious as the tension within room grow permeable.

Amani slowly walked over to where Shay stood and...