Best of Me

Amani awoke to someone knocking on her door.

"Amani," Ray Ray whispered, his lips close to the door, his usually animated face sullen, "Can we talk please?"

Amani just stared at the ceiling, refusing to let Ray Ray get the best of her.

You don't hear him girl.

It's for the better... she thought, closing her eyes, trying to drown the knocking and Ray Ray's voice out.

Her resistance was short lived, as he continued to plead, she felt it all crumble away.

"Please?" he repeated, his voice wavering.

Why are you doing this to me? she thought. These were the times when she wished that she was stronger the most. The times when her life and future were on the line. When everything she was depended on it.

"Come in," she murmured, sitting up.

Before turning the door knob, Ray Ray looked up towards the ceiling and smiled. Thank you. he thought.

When entered the room, he found Amani on the bed, staring at him intently.

"Did you come here to talk or to just stare?" she asked, smirking.

Ray Ray let go of the breath that he hadn't known that he had been holding in.

"To talk," he sighed.

"Well, get talking." she replied, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Listen Amani, I can't even explain how I feel about you, and you know that you can't deny that the feelings are there." he explained. 

He looked up at Amani for a response but absolutely nothing, not a flicker of emotion.

"So you're really going to do this?" he asked, staring down at her as he stood beside the bed.

"Do what, Ray Ray?" she asked, frustration bleeding through the question.

"Act as if what I'm saying is a lie, or as if it doesn't matter to you." he muttered.

"Well, maybe it doesn't," she shrugged.

Ray Ray's heart -----if even possible------ broke into even more pieces. As she finished her statement, he met her dark gaze and nodded.

"Okay, look, I understand that I wasn't being the very best me that I could have been, but I'm trying, I'm really trying my best. I really am," he confessed, staring down at his shoes as he thrust his balled up fist deep into his pocket.

"Trying what?" she snorted.

"Trying to prove to-------" he started, but was cut off by a now livid Amani.

"Prove what Ray Ray! Prove what!" she screamed.

"Prove to you that I care about you, prove to you that I need you, prove-----" he started again, but was, as before, cut off.

"Please, you are wasting both your and my time alike," she admitted as she rose from the bed and walked towards the door.

As she reached for the door, Ray grabbed her wrist.

"Amani, dear God, just listen to me, hear me out!" he growled.

Amani stopped dead in her tracks, nearly jumping at his tone. She watched as he gathered himself,  regaining his composure.

"Prove to you that I missed you while you were gone. Prove to you that you're all that crossed my mind."

After he said that and he realized that she wasn't interrupting, he looked her straight in the eyes and finished.

"Prove to you that I love you." he confessed, staring into her eyes, never breaking contact.

Amani's eyes were about as widely opened as her mouth. Did he just say what I think that he just said? she thought. She had opened her mouth to tell him to leave her the hell alone, but as soon as those words came out of his mouth, she couldn't think right.

"What?" she asked, staring up at him.

"I love you, Amani." he repeated.

She began to tremble and felt her knees go weak. She could no longer find her voice, so she just made her way back to the bed where she sat.

"It's so funny, because before you came into my life, I swore everything was so perfect, and when it wasn't perfect, I felt that it was always my responsibility to make it the best. But when you came along, I realized that it wasn't me, it was us, we weren't perfect for each other, we just tried to make it that way. But with you, I could just sit and stare at you as you slept, drooling on my game controller, and be completely content." he explained, smiling at the last part.

At this admission, Amani blushed. So he'd been awake that night when I fell asleep on the floor next to him playing games? she thought.

"I know it might be hard for you to trust or believe me now, but all I am asking for is first forgiveness." he murmured.

"Forgive me for putting you through this." he added.

Cautiously, he took a few steps closer to her, then finally, he sat down on the edge of the bed next to her. Slowly, he reached his hand over and patted her thigh. Still she did nothing. So Ray Ray smoothly snaked one arm around her slim waist and drew her to him.

Amani knew what was coming, yet she didn't move away. Her mind screamed no, but her body hummed yes.

Ray then tilted her chin up to him, then slowly leaned in until his lips barely brushed against hers. The sheer pleasure that his mouth brought was indescribable. When she didn't push him away, he pressed his lips firmer against hers. Ray Ray flicked out his tongue and licked the inner seam of her lips, subsequently parting them. From the moment she permitted him entrance to her sweet mouth, he explored thoroughly.

Amani tingled from head to toe. After what seemed like forever, Ray Ray pulled away, smiling against her forehead.

Please don't let him hurt me. I'm giving him the best of me. she prayed, silent tears falling down her face.

"Please don't hurt me, I'm giving you the best of me." she repeated aloud, hugging him tightly.

"I promise." he admitted, hugging her tighter.

(Thanks for the support! Please take a look at my Diggy Love Story's the First Two Chapers As Well, A Different Concept, You Might Enjoy! :] Don't Forget to Give Me Some Feedback!)