Fire and Rain

(About Two Hours Later)

The ambulance finally arrived. Everyone sat cramped up on the sofa. Watching as two paramedics rolled in a stretcher. The man knelt down beside Amani’s limp body and pushed aside her hair. Wincing, he stared and then turned to his partner, a short lady with blonde spiky hair. 

“It’s a nasty gash, deep laceration, the extent of the physical damage can’t be determined. Klara, get Justine in here. We need to get her to the ER quickly. She is slipping in and out of consciousness. Her pulse is weak, and when we get there, we definitely need to get her a CAT scan.” the man whispered getting up.

Everyone looked on as the two women returned, and with the help of the man, got a brace around Amani’s neck and got her on the stretcher. The man then pulled out a small light. Opening Amani’s eyes wide, he shone the light.

“Sweetheart can you hear me, if you can, follow the light.” the paramedic whispered staring down at her.

Nothing.

He then gripped her her hand, his gloved hand in hers.

“Amani, if you can hear me, please grip my hand.”

Nothing.

Staring up at his two co-workers, he gave them a skeptical look.

“Hook her Up to IV, there’s a sufficient loss of blood.” the man ordered. The two women nodded and rolled the stretcher out and into the ambulance. The man made a call.

“We have a patient on the way, make way. Female, around 15-17 and Code Blue, extensive blood lost and deep laceration. Unconscious” he explained then raced out the house.

“Wow, I’m glad this is over,” Prodigy confessed, rubbing his face.

Gianna growled, “You!” she screamed getting up, tears running down her face. Her eyes red and watery, were big. She grabbed Prodigy by his shirt front. Everyone watched in astonishment, especially Rhian and Shay, who always found Gianna to be calm and collected.

“If you would have kept your damn hands to yourself! None of this shit would have happened!” she shrieked yanking his shirt.

Prodigy, wide-eyed and shocked just stared.

“What?” Prince asked, rising up.

“Nothing, means nothing,” Prodigy muttered.

Gianna punched him in the jaw hard, a blow that had him railing back.

“Ooh shit!” Princeton hissed, holding his jaw.

“Nothing huh?” Gianna bellowed pulling him up.

“What the hell is wrong with you, your crazy ass!” Prodigy yelled, working his jaw in a circular motion.

“What’s going on?” Rhian asked, sniffling.

“Ol’ Playboy here, been swapping spit with Shay and Amani.” Gianna hissed, her squint livid, she pulled Prodigy up by his shirt, “Quite the man you are,”

“What?” Ray Ray yelled, getting up.

“All this bull could have been avoided if you would of just kept your damn hands to yourself!” Prince growled.

“You,” Prodigy pointed to Princeton, “don’t tell me shit! I can do whatever I please.”

Ray Ray surged to the front to stand before Prodigy, who snickered.

“What are you going to do, hit me? I dare you Ray Ray, I dare you to hit me!” Prodigy taunted.

Ray Ray, moved Gianna aside and gripped Prodigy by his shirt front.

“You don’t fucking get it! Everything is a joke to you!” Ray Ray thundered, now extremely ticked off, everyone could see his eyes begin to water. “She can die! And it’s partly your fault!” he yelled shaking Prodigy.

“How the hell is that my fault, all I did was kiss her! I’m not the one who tried to beat the shit out of the girl!” he shrugged.

Ray Ray sighed and turned to walk away, then spun back around and begun punching Prodigy until they both fell on the ground. Roc and Prince ran to him pulling him off leaving Prod on the floor, holding his busted lip.

“There’s been enough drama!” Roc yelled.

“No more fighting. We are brothers at heart, family, and tragedy or not, we’ll get through it together.” Roc explained, cupping Ray Ray’s shoulder.

Prod could taste the salty metallic-sting of blood flushing his mouth. He wouldn’t let anyone know it, but he knew and took full responsibility for the whole situation earlier. They were right. If he had just kept his hands to himself, none of this would have happened.