Bound to Rebound

“Rhian, did you even hear a word I just said?” Shay asked, turning her attention to Rhian who sat, twirling a lock of her curly hair in-between the tips of her slender fingers, lost in thought. 

“Rhiiiiii!” Shay called, shaking Rhian.

“Huh?” Rhian asked, focusing her attention on Amani, Gianna, and Shay. 

“We are going to see Mindless Behavior rehearse.” Shay squealed.

“Huh!” Rhian asked, perking up. “How? Please don’t tell me you going to try to do some kind of secret ninja BS and get us arrested,” Rhian warned, passing Shay a skeptical glance.

“No silly, I just entered us into a contest and won!” she exclaimed.

“When did you enter?” Gianna asked.

“That same night when Rhian was crying over Nic” Shay explained.

Shay, Rhian, Gianna, and Amani all sat in the studio and watched as the boys worked on their moves.

“Prodigy is as smooth as ever, my goodness, they are so cute!” Shay whispered. Both Gianna and Amani nodded their heads in approval.

“Yo Roc,” Prod called, “That girl here,” he added.

Silence.

“You know, the one from the beach.” Ray Ray urged, winking.

Looking across the room, there she was, watching them. When they made eye contact, she gave him a weak smile. It was then he felt the tug on his heart, he could see the cautiousness in her eyes, and he knew, felt that it was his fault.

“So anyways!” Shay started, “As I was saying, before your rude ass,  Mani, cut in ....” Gasp.

Rhian followed Shay’s gaze and found Roc Royal standing close by. Prodigy, Ray Ray, and Princeton, looking on from a distance.

“Rhian, can I talk to you for a min?”

She nodded assuringly, not really trusting her voice at that exact moment. Her girls, taking a hint, moved and continued their argument.

“Listen, Rhian, I’m really sorry about the other day,” he apologized.

“Why would you apologize?”

Roc watched her intently.

“You owe nothing to me. I mean, it’s your life, you don’t have to tell me anything. I mean we just met, it isn’t like we are long lost friends or whatever.” she explained.  

She felt rediculous, as though she was trying to convince herself more than she was him. Roc stared intently, noting everything he liked about her, her small nose, her big doe eyes, the way they always seemed to sparkle. And her mouth. Rhian continued to ramble. And as she did, she found her gaze locked on his mouth, deliciously sculpted for sin.

  “Rhian,” he interrupted.  

She continued talking.  

“Rhian, I -” he tried again.  

Finally, he grew frustrated. Stepping closer, he took a deep breath and went for it. In one swift moment, he had his arms snuggly around her waist. Dipping his head, he kissed her silent. She hadn’t seen it coming.   His lips covered hers in a smooth agile moment. The feel was incredible. His mouth absolutely delectable. Their mouths fit perfectly, hotly pressed together.

Rhian wrapped her hands lightly around his neck as he pulled her closer to him, his hands around her waist, drawing her up on her tippy toes. She could feel the heat from his skin, as they were pressed close from shoulder to knee. His mouth working against hers, she could feel the pressure of his mouth against hers, urging her lips to part.  

The Girls

"No ,no, no!" Shay groaned, "You got it all -----" Gasp. "Oh my goodness!" she squealed and whispered for the girls to check out the bizz.   Princeton laughed as he saw what was about to unfold. Prodigy and Ray just smiled.   Slowly, Roc leaned away, dragging his mouth from hers, and with it, he took a little piece of her. “I like you, a lot,” he confessed, looking her dead in the eye, his arms still snuggly around her.    Rhian couldn’t speak or move, her mind lost, she just stared.