Crazed Sin

Rhian gripped the leash tighter as her new, six month old Siberian Husky puppy, Sin, yanked and pulled her down along the sidewalk.

“Easy boy,” Rhian whispered.

Just then, an ownerless dog sauntered before Sin then ran off. Sin barked loudly, yanking hard on his leash. Loosening her grip momentarily untangling her hand to gain more length, Rhian felt Sin tug furiously. She watched in dismay as the dog took advantage of the opportunity and yanked the leash from her hand, and took off mad dash.

It only took a few seconds for it all to sink in. Rhian took off sprinting after the frisky dog. Nudging people aside and apologizing, she ran faster, harder. 

I should have known better, damn! she thought.

To her ever growing disappointment, Sin ran onto the beach shore. Dressed in a pair of jeggings an oversized T-shirt, and flats, she was not dressed properly for the duel. But she tried. Kicking off her flats, she raced across the hot sand after Sin.

The beach was crowded. It was getting hard to even see Sin, how would she catch him?

“Sin!” she called.

She had been so busy trying to see Sin, that she didn’t see what was about to happen.

She skidded on her heels, but it was already too late. She ran right into it, full speed, knocking it over. She wasn’t quite sure what she had ran into and knocked over, but it surely was heavy and hard. Straightening up, she looked down and groaned, not with fear, but recognition. It wasn’t something, it was someone…

“You’ve got to be kidding me!” she cried.

Damn, he thought. All he remembered was trying to pick up something then hitting the ground, hard. His head was pounding. Opening his eyes from a squint, he stared up at the figure before him, as everything came into focus.