Shadowed Prince

Two Days Later

Princeton couldn’t believe it. Yet he expected it. Isis had deceived him once again. How could he have been so stupid and blind, and trusting. His new behaviors were as much of a shock to himself as they were to others. What’s going on with me? he thought.

His heart grew heavy with the guilt and acceptance of the fact that she was indeed the same, if not somehow colder. As he headed back home, he fought against the tightening of his chest, the heavy hardness of his heart.

Bursting through the door he found everybody there in the entertainment room. Roc and Rhian, cuddled on the loveseat, Prodigy and his new girlfriend, Shay cuddling, flirting, and giggling, while Ray Ray and Amani goofed off. He ventured further into the room, there she sat, alone on his designated chaise lounge, ignoring him. All eyes shifted to him. Swallowing against the lump in his throat, and thrusting his fingers through his thick hair, he spoke.

“Gianna, can I um talk to you, please?” he asked, his head low, his eyes focused on the carpet.

Not wanting to make a scene, Gianna complied, getting up, she followed him into the dining room. As they stood before the granite kitchen island, Princeton raised his face and stared at her. Princeton’s eyes and nose were red and puffy. Wet tears, were still brimming in his lower lids, threatening to spill forth. Gianna’s guard and heart melted right then. Sniffling, Prince shoved his hands in his pockets.

“I’m so sorry, " he murmured, first his stare on the tiling, then up to her, his stare burning right through her.

“I’m so sorry for everything I’ve ever done. For being selfish and uncaring. For not being myself. I wasn’t thinking right. God knows I never wanted to hurt you.” he confessed.

Gianna just stared, shocked still, her own tears threatening to over-flow. 

“Please, all I need is one chance,” he pleaded.

This woke her. He’d hurt her once, she’d be damned if she’d dare let him hurt her again. She shook her head no.

“Please,” he begged. “I really can’t lose you, I swear, I don’t know what I’d do without you!” he murmured, inching closer to her. Gianna backed up until her back met with the pleasant cool of the island’s granite. She held her breath as he inched closer, wrapping his arms around.

“How could I have been so stupid?” he asked himself.

"You know, I wondered this whole time why did it bother me that I hurt you if I didn't care about." he whispered, "But then it really hit me, I do care, I was just too blind to see. The fact that I hurt you is eating away at me, just please."

Gianna couldn’t hold her tears anymore, they spilled, running down her cheeks and onto her warm skin. She silently sobbed. 

“I can’t trust you,” she murmured. “I’m afraid,” she admitted.

“How do I know that this time won’t be like the last.”

“I need you,” he whispered.

“I can’t,” she murmured, looking down before pulling away from him.

Grabbing her wrist, Princeton kissed between her fingertips.

“Please, just think it through before you answer finally,” he pleaded into her ear as he dragged her close.

Gianna spoke before she thought, always saying things she’d regret later.

“……”