Embracing the Moonlight

(Roc and Rhian)

“Where are we going?” Rhian asked, her fingers clasped in Roc’s tight grasp, as he pulled her outside, a bag in hand.

“My favorite place,” he answered.

Rhian followed as Roc lead her around the back of the two story house and finally to a ladder that most likely lead to the roof.

“Oh no, no, no, this will never do, I don’t like heights,” Rhian confessed, but Roc was already halfway up the ladder. It was dark and cold too. Sighing she started climbing the ladder.

By the time she stepped on the roof top, Roc had laid out a fleece blanket and was sitting on it, his feet dangling off the edge, he was staring out at the view.

Roc stared out into the breezy night. The bright lines of the hilly landscape below gave a star-light illusion. He just stared.

Rhian walked over to him and sat in-between his lap. Leaning back a bit, Roc wrapped his arms around her.

“So why do you come here?”

“Whenever I need to clear my mind or get away,”

“Get away from what?”

“Everything, everyone. Nothing, and no one,”

Pulling her closer, he kissed her cheek. It was only when she felt the tickle of stray, whispy strands brushing against her cheek did she realize his hair was loose, blowing in the breeze.

“I thought you don’t like to wear your hair down?”

“Someone I care deeply about suggested it,”

Smiling, Rhian and Roc looked on into the night.

Beautiful.

Perfect Roc thought tightening his grasp of Rhian.

(Shay and Khalil)

After he picked her up, Khalil drove LaShaylia to a small cafe. After Shay enjoyed her iced caffeinated beverage, and shared a morning platter with Khalil, went and took Shay to every boutique and shop her heart desired. Then after stopping to a Oriental venue for lunch, they went to the studio while Shay watched Khalil do a quick sound check.

Shay pulled out her phone, after putting the bags in the backseat, it was 7:53. 

“Okay so what’s next, Khalil?”

“Dinner,”

“Where?”

“A surprise,”

“But I don’t like surprises,”

Ignoring the comment, Khalil turned the car on and backed out of the parking lot.

“Okay, here’s the deal, we are gonna head back over to my apartment. Shower and get dressed and then head out.” he advised.

(Half an Hour Later)

Shay stepped into the posh threshold, this was definitely masculine. Everything from the furniture to the decor just screamed ’I’m a Man’. It was beautiful though.

(Roc and Rhian)

He wanted the moment to be perfect. Staring down at her as she stared up at the velvety blanket of twinkling stars. He loved how her eyes shone bright, sparkling, the stars, -- in his mind -- reflecting in her eyes.

Rhian shifted so that she was sideways in his lap, her side against his chest as she felt Roc digging around for something in his pocket. Roc reached for one of her hands. His other hand, banded tightly around her waist, laid flat on her stomach.

He brushed his fingers lightly over her warm skin, raising goosebumps and sending raking chills down her spine. He ran his fingertips over the throbbing pulse beneath his touch. The pad of his thumb stroking her inner wrist delicately. She closed her eyes. 

Rhian shivered as the felt the cold of metal slip over her ring finger. Gasping, she pulled her hand from his, excitedly. She stared down at the ring. 

“Oh my God, baby it’s beautiful!” she whispered, first staring at it as it twinkled in the nightlight, then laying her hand against her chest. Taking it off, she examined it. It was simply adorable, a small diamond cut ring that had various colored diamonds in it, on the inside of the band, were engraved words. Holding out the ring into the moonlight, Rhian tilted it and read the engraving. 

Embrace the Moonlight.

“It means to give love a chance. To open not your mind, but the arms of your heart to the chance of love.”

Rhian felt the tears as her eyes grew heavy lidded. There was no doubt in her mind now. She knew it, felt it, with every beat of her heart, every thought in her mind, every nerve in her body.

She reached for him, wrapping her arms around his neck and touched noses with him. Rocs eyes fluttered closed, his thick lashes leaving whispery kisses on her cheek. 

Rhian leaned in and softly pressed her lips to his.