Sliver

Ray Ray kept tabs on the weather all day waiting for the chance that the storm would pass over. 

“For this late afternoon, there’s a slight chance of precipitation, Breena has moved a little south giving us a little relief.” the meteorologist explained.

“So are you saying it’s safe to be out?” the anchorman asked.

“Safer than it was yesterday,” she confirmed.

Ray Ray felt the sliver of hope he had broaden out. Thank God!

(Later That Day)

Princeton on the Phone

“You want me to do what?” Khalil asked astonished.

“Dude it’s a simple task, do it for him, if not me, he really broken over the whole ordeal.” he pleaded.

“But we still under watch!” Khalil stated.

“Please,” Prince added.

There was a pregnant silence on the line.

“If anything happens to my baby right, y’all paying for it. Just so you know,”

“Thanks!”

“Yeah yeah, whatever, y’all better be ready when I get there.” Khalil warned.

(In the Car)

“Where we going?” Ray Ray asked, staring out of the window of the backseat.

“You’ll see,” Prince whispered.

Ray Ray shrugged as he sat cramped up in the SUV with Cecilia on one side and Prodigy, of course still in his own sour mood.

“So foul,” Gianna commented on his attitude.

Cecilia laughed, while Rhian, and Roc sat in the 2nd row of seating by themselves, Roc cuddling Rhian as she slept in his lap peacefully. Shay sat beside Cecilia, staring blankly.

Khalil couldn’t help but look in the rearview and stare at the beautiful vision before him. She was just his type. Although she might have been a few years, 1 or 2, younger than him, he still had the feeling. He was urged to make her smile. He made a promise to himself. Something about her mood, made her vulnerable. She looked up and watched back as he stared at her. He smiled at her.