Chapter 39

My eyes sprantically looked back and forth between my mom, dad, and apparently Calvin. My jaw was dropped and I couldn't believe it. My body was frozen in place, I felt petrified almost, and I couldn't believe it.

"Ellie?" Calvin questioned. I pulled myself together and ran into his arms for a hug.

"Calvinimissedyou!" I wailed out so fast I don't think anyone understood me.

My mom laughed. "We'll just let you two catch up." She gave us a smile and pulled my dad upstairs with her.

"Cal...I can't believe you're here! I thought you weren't supposed to get back until New Years Eve?" I tilted my head slightly in confusion. I was glad that he had gotten here sooner, but I had made plans revolved around when he would be here.

His caramel eyes met mine and he smiled. "I caught an earlier flight so I could have more time around here before school started up again." He told me. The conversation went silent until we both simultaneously realized he still had his arms around me. We tools a step back from each other and blushed. He awkwardly scratched the back of his head and I kicked my feet around nervously.

"S-sorry." He mumbled.

"It's fine, it's fine...sooo," I drew out the word, "what do you want to do?" I asked.

"Oh I don't care, anything really." He said.

"Well, I'm hanging out with my friends tomorrow so you can meet them then. Do you want to go downstairs and watch a movie....or something?"

"Sure, that sounds...good." he muttered. I lead him downstairs and I couldn't help but get this weird feeling in the pit of my stomach. Why was I so nervous all of a sudden?

"So," I said putting in Happy Gilmore, "we have a lot to catch up on, huh?" I went over and sat next to him on the couch but kept a reasonable amount of space between us.

"Oh yeah, it's been years!" We laughed and made conversation about ours lives, friends, school and things like that. We paid little to no attention to the movie and I explained the ropes of our school to him. I'll admit, it probably isn't easy switching schools halfway through the year during your senior year.

The room was filled with a peaceful silence as we started watching the movie from the scene that was currently playing.

"Hey Ellie? Can I tell you something?" He asked and placed a hand on my knee.

"Of course!" I smiled.

"When I figured out I was moving back, I was terrified that you had forgotten about me and it would just be an awkward meeting up." He looked down with a slightly sad expression. "But when you called me after seeing my snap chat, I hung up my phone and couldn't stop smiling. I know that that sounds dorky, but it's true." He looked up at me with a small grin and I returned it.

"Well of course Calvin, you were my first friend. I was heartbroken when you left and now things will be even better." He pulled me in for a hug and I gladly hugged back. His cologne was intoxicatingly amazing and I just didn't want to pull away. Eventually I did though and he saw the time and told me he had to leave. I was a bit sad that we couldn't talk more, but I told him I'd see him tomorrow.

I was going to pick him up and take him to meet everyone. I smiled at my evening and checked my phone. Woah. Seven new texts and two missed calls. They were all from Lane and I felt awful for not answering. I called him back immediately and explained everything that happened tonight and how I would bring Calvin to meet everyone soon. He didn't seem thrilled, but he didn't sound jealous anymore, just a bit irritated. We talked until I fell asleep, still on the phone.

Calvin's P.O.V

I was currently driving home from Ellie's house and I couldn't be happier. We picked up right where we left off and it's like I hadn't been gone at all, even though it had been over ten years.

It was amazing when I first saw her, I was surprised to say the least. When she walked through the door to the kitchen I couldn't take my eyes off of her. She had her hair straightened and pulled back into a barette. It's the most beautiful shade of orange I had ever seen. She had never liked her hair when she was younger; she could never tame it, but that looks to have changed. Her eyes sparkled and held a bit of mischief behind them just as I remember. She lit up the room with her bright smile the moment she stepped in, and overall, I couldn't believe how grown up she had gotten. She was breathtakingly beautiful but I know she doesn't think that. She still does that thing where she constantly pulls at her outfit when she doesn't feel comfortable in it. I never told her she did this, that would just be one more thing for her to worry about.

She definently wasn't the little girl I left all those years ago, but of course not, it's not like I was that same shy little boy that followed her every footstep. I had, however, felt a bit nervous when I was over there for a while. I'm not sure why, but from the moment I let go of her from our hug, the butterflies in my stomach were taking over.