Chapter 1

Hey guys! these first couple of chapters are from when I first started so stick with me!

I added a bit more moose to my hair, scrunching and placing it just right, and got ready to start my day. It was the week before school started, Senior year already, so I thought I would throw a small party to celebrate another great summer, just me and a few close buddies. My friends told me that it was my turn to throw one, but I know they just like having parties out where I lived, a few minutes out of town where it was less populated. They didn't like having to keep their voices down, so my lack of neighbors helped with that.

"So whose all coming on Friday?" My mom asked me as I walked downstairs for breakfast.

"The same as usual mom." I simply replied, rolling my eyes. This was probably the third time she's asked me this this week. taking a box of cereal out from the cabinet, I made my breakfast. Nodding, she hugged me goodbye and headed out the door for work.

Pulling out my IPhone, I sent him another text about the bonfire I was having Friday, letting him know just don't worry about letting me know if he would be coming or not, because it probably wouldn't be what he actually does in the end. This sort of thing, it's happened before. He says he'll be there, but gets better plans the day before, and cancels; just to show up at my place anyways due to his plans dropping on him. He was one of my best friends back in the day, we did so much together! I think of him as so much more now, but he doesn't think twice about me. Typical cliché right?

His name is Lane, Lane Ryder. Farely tall, with blonde hair that falls in a perfect sweep. Eyes so blue he got the nickname Angel Eyes-much to his dismay; my friends and I actually gave him the name- he wouldn't talk to us for a week. Your typical three sport athlete that just added to the looks. Girls have been swooning over him since the 5th grade.

As he got older, he knew that he could be friends with anyone he pleased-did i mention his high ego-so he did what he could to be around the older guys, who accepted him immediately. Reputation was all for him, I didn't realize I would lose a friend over it though.

We had a great friendship, but it wasn't exactly perfect.

Thinking back, our friendship got harder as the years went on.

My father works part time as a bartender at the local golf course, while his dad is the manager there. I spend a lot of free time there, as golfing is a family hobby. We would be seeing a lot of each other.

Third grade, Lane ran up to me on the playground. "Hey Lane! I didn't know your dad was my dads boss!"

"Yeah! Dad says your dad is his really funny!"

"I guess I'll be seeing you out there, huh?"

"Sure!"

This made our friendship stronger, spending time together on and off the course. We would constantly run around in the grass of the golf course, playing and laughing, not caring who saw or gave us looks. We grew up on that course.

Of course I had made other friends in school as well. My best friend Katie, tall with clear blue eyes and a few light freckles, and my other two great friends Kristen and Natalie, also tall with stunning hazel eyes -they're twins and identical at that.

All of my friends had silky, straight brown hair, Katie's just a little darker. So I kind of stuck out as the ginger with wavy/curly red locks and freckles.

Sixth grade, we were seated at the lunch table. "Guys guess what!" Kristen yelled, she was always the louder and more hyper one of the group."What?" Natalie responded" in her quiet, calm way. "Lane Ryder just asked me out!" At the time I didn't know why, but I was crushed a little inside. I hadn't felt that way before, I barely knew how jealousy felt. I'm very familiar with it these days; the green monster always hung close by.