Chapter 34

The party was starting to die down a bit, but that doesn't mean it made the house any calmer.

I needed to go get a sweatshirt from my room, and saw two people I didn't even know making out with there shirts off. I wanted to tell them to leave, but it didn't look like they would be seperating anytime soon. I just ran out the door and yelled at them to not have sex on my bed.

Note to self: wash sheets.

I continued to look around my house for Lane, but I couldn't find him. My house wasn't that big so I don't know where else he could be, maybe he left?

"Hey Drew, have you seen Lane?" I happened to bump into him.

"Who? Oh Laanne! Nah, haven't seen him, but don't worry about him Ellie, loosen up a bit!" He draped his arm over my shoulder and laughed. I rolled my eyes and sighed as I grabbed his car key from one of his belt loops.

***

I gave up on finding Lane, but I couldn't get myself to lighten up and party. The thought of why Lane got so mad kept drifting into my mind. After a while, I decided to leave the party scene and just go to bed. I put my headphones in and picked a calming playlist to help block out the noise from downstairs. It took a while, but eventually I drifted off to sleep.

Lane's P.O.V

I continued to drive down the street, I was going pretty fast but I didn't care at the moment. I'm glad I decided not to drink tonight, I wasn't a huge drinker but how I felt right now I wouldn't mind the cool alcohol running down my throat. I don't know why I'm so mad, honestly I shouldn't be mad at all. Well, at Ellie anyways, I'm pissed at myself for inviting Peyton. I shouldn't have let her convince me to let her come, I know how much Ellie dislikes her. She is, however, my friend. We still text and talk, but it's all in a harmless friendship way.

That's not it though, I'm still mad at her for trying to come on to me. I mean, it's not like I let her kiss me, but I'm just scared that Ellie's going to get mad at me. I don't think she meant to, she was drunk out of her mind! This all is why I'm driving away, I didn't want to accidentally spill everything out and make things sound worse then they actually are. Stupid, I know, but I've never had to deal with something as stupid as this before! I...I'm just not good with relationship things. Do I tell her? Don't I? It's so much commitment and that's why I've never been in many serious relationships before.

After a bit more driving, I calmed down. I've made a final decision and decided not to tell Ellie anything; what she doesn't know won't hurt her, or our relationship.

***

Ellie's P.O.V

A soft chirping sound peacefully made its way into my room, and although it was better than an alarm clock, I did not want to wake up. I slowly sat up in bed and pulled the covers up to my neck. Taking in a deep breath, I looked around my room and thought about last night. Oh gosh, last night, there's going to be a huge mess.

I don't even remember who brought the alcohol, but all I know is that at least fifty percent of the people slept in my house last night. Many left already, I had heard car engines and footsteps and door closings a few hours earlier.

After about ten minutes of just sitting in bed, I decided I should probably get up. I would shower when I finished cleaning up, so I just pulled out a pair of sweatpants to put on.

I slid my pajama shorts down to my feet and stepped out of them.

"Hey Ellie, I wanted to know- woah I'm sorry I didn't know you were changing!"

"Drew!" I yelled quickly taking my sweatpants and covering my lower region, his eyes immediately fell to the floor.

"I'll...I'll just be downstairs." He blushed and closed the door.