Chapter 30

Lane's P.O.V

How bad could it actually be?

Very.

I sat in the waiting room, my foot was quickly tapping as I looked at everything on the walls and at every person.

There was only a few people in the waiting room, an older couple that were talking way to loudly to the young lady sitting next to them. From what I heard, they didn't have fancy rooms like this when they were kids. Those three and then a man and women. They both looked fairly young - late twenties at the oldest - and it seemed as if they could burst into tears at any moment.

I sat and waited for someone to come out and tell me what was happening. My mind drifted back to when we first got here.

I put the car in park and ran into the building, Ellie right behind me.

"Karburg?" I yelled running up to the lady at the desk. "We need to know what room a Karburg is in please." She glanced up at us with a scowl do to the fuss we caused in the entry way.

"205, are you both immetiate family?" She questioned. Ellie was about to answer, but nothing came out; she was extremely pale.

"Well, she is but I'm not." I spoke for my girlfriend.

"Then you can go on right ahead ma'am but you sir, will have to wait." She calmly said as she gestered towards the small waiting room. I sighed but did what I was told, the last thing we needed to happen was for me to get kicked out of a hospital.

Ellie told me she would be back to tell me what had happened soon. Well, if soon is an hour and a half than she's doing great so far. Another half hour passed and the waiting room emptied and filled with new people. The young couple that was originally in the corner now came out behind the doors that lead to the branch of the hospital with the rooms. The women was sobbing loudly as her husband cradled her silently with tears running down his face. The women's hands fell down to her stomach and my eyes instantly widened at the thought that she might have just lost her baby. If she lost her baby, who knows what other things could happen in this hospital.

Many people came out of those doors while I waited, some crying, other seemed simply indifferent, all I know is that none of them were the people I wanted to see.

Another ten minutes had passed and just as I was about to fall asleep, I felt a presence beside me.

"Lane?" Ellie croaked out.

I immetiatly jumped up and pulled her in for a tight hug. "Baby, how is he?" Her eyes were teary and my stomach turned with nerves.

"He's alive, not so well, but alive." She sighed. A moment later she pulled out a card that looked like a hotel room key.

"My parents told me that we need to go back to the hotel that they booked a room for and try to get some sleep. I argued about staying with them, but I think I'd have a nervous breakdown if I stayed here for too long." She laughed humorously.

We got in the car and drove to the hotel that was only a few minutes away. I couldn't help but notice how sick Ellie looks, pale, bags under her eyes, so quiet and tired, I couldn't bare to see her like this but there was nothing I could do except be here for her.

***

The room was nice, simple. Two queen beds with a mini fridge, microwave, T.V. and a small kitchenette. We didn't even bother turning the television on, we simply got our pyjamas on and lied in bed. Neither of us were able to fall asleep, I kept glancing over at the clock - 2:23. 3:05. 3:47. Eventually I sat up and went over to the small kitchen and grabbed two glasses of water before returning to the bed.