Chapter 36

I didn't even know how to name my emotion. I wasn't mad. I wasn't sad. I wasn't upset. I think I was... disappointed? Either way, I felt like shit. It felt as though my soul was empty of all feeling besides the negative ones, like I was trapped in a world of my own inside my very head. Do I say something to him, or not? Maybe the right time will come.

"If your tired babe, I can just head home?" He offered.

"You can stay if you want, unless you don't want to of course." I told him. No matter how I felt about him, I still wanted his presence to assure me that he was mine.

"Oh, I want to stay but I just didn't know if you wanted to be alone." I shook my head and he smiled. "Wanna go lie down on the couch and watch some TV?" I simply nodded and we went into the living room.

He laid down first, then I laid in front of him as he wrapped his arm around me in a comforting manor. I grabbed the top of his hand and loosely intertwined our fingers. I don't even remember what we were watching, some Christmas show I suppose. My mind was still fuzzy, fuzzy with the image that I would sooner or late need to bring up.

I don't think the picture's as bad as I make it out to be, but the hurt behind it seems to be. I turned my head to look at him, his big blue eyes glossed by the reflection of the television and the dim room. He must have noticed my stare, because he looked down at me with a smile. We made eye contact for a short amount of time before he slowly leaned his head down, and placed a soft, gentle kiss tenderly on my lips.

He pulled away and place one more kiss on my forehead before returning his attention to the show. I turned my head back as well and was still not able to focus on the screen. I was stunned at my sudden feeling change. It was different now though. For the last few hours, the only thing racking in my head has been if I'm actually good enough for Lane. This moment though, I didn't have any doubt that I was good enough for him, I new whatever happened in that picture was just a misunderstanding bound to happen. I would talk to him about this later.

***

It was the last week of school before semester ends and everyone has been freaking out about finals. I have never been too nervous about them personally. I mean I wasn't a total nerd but I knew my school work. Today was Monday so today and tomorrow would be study days and Wednesday and Thursday would be the days we take the tests. Normally, Seniors wouldn't have to take finals depending on there SAT scoring, but this year they're making all of us take it. Great, just great.

It was lunch time when I walked through the grassy picnic area outside of our school and saw Kristen and Natalie's eyes glues to there Maths book; school wasn't as easy for them.

"Hey guys how's it going?" Silence. "Um, guys?" Silence. "Kristen! Natalie!" I yelled and they finally looked up.

"Oh, hey Ellie." The went back to their book. I smirked and rolled my eyes before walking back inside. Lunch would be over in a few minutes anyways, so I just went to my locker and grabbed several books to study during my next class. I walking into the room and sat down in my seat with a sigh. Even if school came naturally to me, it didn't mean I wasn't stressed.

I closed my eyes for a split second and when I opened them, I still saw black. A pair of hands had found their way over my eyes. I giggled and turned around. "Lane! You scared me!" He gave me a lopsided smile, "Really?" I shook my head. "No, but I thought it would make you feel cool if I said you did, did it?" He nodded, "yeah, thank you for sparing my feelings." He joked and I just laughed.

Others slowly started filling in the classroom and our teacher came in and began reviewing some difficult lessons that we had been taught over the semester. I couldn't focus, Lane was sitting right next to me and had his hand on my knee. Every now and then he would slide it farther up my thigh. He took his finger and trailed up and down my thigh, making me shiver. "Lane." I said sternly.