Chapter 22

Ellie's P.O.V

Flashback to the day after homecoming.

I slowly peeled my eyes open, only to shut them right away, it was still dark out. As i lied in bed, I couldn't help but noticed it seemed different today, not as soft.  I turned to the side, and felt my head punding, I had a splitting headache. I didn't have a drop of alcohol last night, must have been a crazy party then. Oh wait, I managed to hit my head quite a few times when we were in that bedroom...

At that moment it all came back to me, the dance, the party, Alex. I sat up in the bed as hot tears streaked down my face. I got up in a panic, my head pounding. Where the hell was I? I couldn't consentrate on anything, the entire room was spinning. What's happening? I don't understand! Why!

"Ellie!" I heard a husky voice yell as the bedroom door swung open.

I spun around towards the voice; bad mistake. I soon felt my legs give out beneath me as I blacked out again. Before I hit the ground, a pair of arms supported my back and I slowly slid to the carpeted floor in Lane's arms once again. This was happening too often for a short 24 hour time period.

When I woke up the second time, I had no idea what time it was. The sun was now shining, and this time I slowly sat up. Looking around I noticed I was in an all to familiar room. This surprised me, why had I freaked out so badly before? The headache was still there, just not as unbearable. I turned to the side table and saw a large cup of water and Tylenol. I smilled at the kind jester before graciously taking the medicine and gulping down the entire cup of water. I looked down and noticed that I had a shirt and overly large sweatpants on. Lane must have dressed me after the incident. I cringed a little at the thought of Lane seeing me naked, but under the circumstance, I'm sure he found nothing sexy about it.

I set the cup back on the table and started to get up, but I heard footsteps in the hallway. Quickly, I jumped back into bed and pretended to be asleep. I had no idea why I was doing this, but something about having to face Lane about last night terrified me, and I wasn't ready.

My heart was pounding as the bedroom door was slowly cracked open, just enough for someone to slip through. I heard russling beside the bed, and assumed Lane was taking the cup and Tylenol wrapper away. I was hoping that he assumed I had woken up at some point earlier, taken the medication, then went back to sleep.

The room went quiet for a few minutes, I was getting ready to assume that Lane left, but right as I was preparing to open my eyes, I felt a dip in the bed about parallel to my waist. He placed his hand on the outline of my jaw, just barely touching my skin, careful as to not wake me up, or so he thinks.

"Ellie, Ellie, Ellie, what am I going to do..." He whispered just loud enough for me to hear. I wanted to lean closer to him so I could catch the rest of what he was saying, but I was still "sleeping" and couldn't hear anything after his question to himself.

He withdrew his hand and I felt the dip in the bed disappear. I was waiting to hear the door opening and closing signaling that it was safe to get up, but instead, I felt a hot pair of lips graze my cheek. I could physically feel my face get red and I hoped it wasn't to noticeable.

When he finally did leave, I sat up right away and gently set my fingers along the spot his soft lips had previously been placed. I couldn't form any thoughts as my mind kept focasing on the previous events.

I quickly snapped out of my trance to remember that I need to get out of here as fast as possible. Luckily for me, his room was in the basement, but had a window leading outside. I listened once more to make sure the coast was clear before I hopped out.

I pulled out my phone and called Katie telling her to pick me up at Lane's house. I would tell her everything later.

***

"What happened last night?" She quickly asked as soon as I set foot in her BMW. "Oh my- Ellie, why are you wearing Lanes clothes!" She was now freaking out, and I was worried we would get into an accident if she drove with all of this emotion.

"Listen, can you just drive me home, I'll explain everything on the way." I quietly mumbled. She drove, and as promised, I explained everything that went on the previous evening. When we pulled into my driveway, her knuckles were white from gripping the steering wheel so hard, and her face was pale from trying to hold back emotions. When she stopped the car, she looked at me.

"You're going to be okay, I promise." I gave a weak and fake smile. With that, we were both in tears and hugging it out inside of her car. I told her to keep it a secret, and that I would tell all of our friends later.

"Why did you leave Lane's house?" She asked after we sobered up from crying a bit.

"I can't face him, not yet." I looked up at her with tears in my eyes and she nodded, she understood.

"Thank you for everything." I gave her a final hug before she left.

"I have to go to work, but I promise, as soon as I get off, I'll be right over." She explained.

***

A few hours later, the doorbell rang. I hadn't done anything since Katie left except for shower. No matter how long I stayed in the water, how hot it was, or how much soap I used, I couldn't get the dirty feeling away from what my body desperately tried to rid itself of.

"Hey El," Katie stepped through the door. "I figured tonight we could watch some movies and just hang out, does that sound good?" I smiled at her and nodded. As I did that, the doorbell rang again and in popped the rest of our group. I smiled at them all, but as soon as I saw the worried expression on there faces, my face dropped and I started sobbing all over again.

That's about how the first hour went, me crying and telling what happened. When I was inaudible, Katie cried and told them what happened. The twins hugged me and sobbed with us. Cam sat in the chair and just shook his head as he came over to help comfort me, he was never a loud or violent one, but Drew was different, Drew got angry.

"I'm going to fucking kill that mother fucker!" Drew yelled.

"Please, please no! Don't make this go any further than it needs to!" I pleaded though my tears. "I just want to ignore him and never talk to him again! Please! Drew, for me!" He looked at me with watery eyes. Drew? Crying? He took a deep breath and pulled me in for an embrace. When we pulled apart, he looked at me again. He slightly parted his lips, as though he was about to say something. He didn't though, he just closed his mouth and started running upstairs. Katie looked at me, gave a sad smile, and ran up after him.

Natalie had put in a movie and we all settled down on the couch and tried to take our minds off of things. Drew and Katie eventually came back, and they sat in the corner of the couch with his arm snaked protectively around her.

I looked around. I really looked. Everyone's faces were sad, they put on fake smiles to hide their pain. The pain that I caused. I couldn't stand it anymore, I got up, ran upstairs into my room, and locked the door.

Headphones in, world out. It was nice, through the music and crying, I could barely hear the pounding on my bedroom door.

Eventually, my friends gave up trying to get me to talk and left. I hoped they understood, and I had a feeling that they did. I sent them all texts, reasurring them I was fine.

After I sent them the messages I noticed several notifications, all from one person.

Are you okay?

What happened?

Why did you leave?

Ellie, I'm worried, please respond!

Fresh tears started to appear in my eyes, but I wouldnt let them fall, not at this.

Headphones in, world out, sleep.