Chapter 16

Day two of spirit week had begun, and let me tell you, these are some of the ugliest sweaters I have ever seen. Just when I thought nothing could get worse then my great-grandmothers knitted sweater with a giant cat on the front, it does.

Despite everyone's effort to participate in spirit week, today's theme was pretty awful. I give the people that pick the days out credit though, having to think of four different themes every year must get difficult, I mean sure they get to reuse ideas, but they have to wait until no one remembers the older ideas. That would get frustrating.

I took a small sip of my water, slowly screwing the cap back on the top. I looked up at the front of the room towards the clock, two more hours, I thought. I was a part of student council in our school, as was Lane, and I wouldn't wait to get out of my last two classes to help with the decorations and finish the plans for the Homecoming dance.

***

"Hey, Ellie?"

"Yeah?"

"Where should I put this?"

I mentally sighed and rolled my eyes as I turned around to help Anna with the balloons. Once I told her what to do next in the decoration process, I wondered how I got put with helping the freshmen with their job.

Flashback

"Hey, Ellie?" Katie whispered into my ear.

"Yeah?" I quietly replied.

"Do you think you'd ever loose your virginity to your celebrity crush if you could?" What?

"Duh." I simply stated.

"Really?" She said a bit louder.

"Totally!" I said, raising my voice a bit.

"Why? Never mind, it'll never happen" She told me, in her regular talking voice.

"Okay, next order of buisness, would anybody want to volunteer to work with freshmen?" Our student council president, Luke, asked. No one wanted to help the freshmen, they had no idea what to do, which is what made it so difficult.

I was now slightly yelling.

"I would love to and I will!" I shouted at Katie. "Just wait and see!" I was joking towards her, but I didn't realize what was happening around me.

All of the student council members turned their heads towards me.

"Well perfect!" Luke happily said.

Wait. What?

Oh yeah, that's how. Shit, Ashton Irwin, you're the reason I agreed to this...still bangable though.

I turned back around to finish helping Anna, but when I looked over at her, I saw a boy too. He wasn't on student council, and he was about half a foot taller then she was. Michael! That's his name! I remember him from football. He was at Anna's side and held up a volleyball, it looked like there was something written on it, but I couldn't tell for sure. Well she's reading something on it. Now they're hugging and she nodded. Oh, I see what happened, he asked her to Homecoming, that's so sweet. I can't help but smile when Mike leaves and I walk over by her. I can tell she's trying to act calm, but it's definently not working.

"Hey Anna, I saw what just happened, it's okay to be excited!" I gleam.

"Really?" I nodded.

"OMG! I'M SO HAPPY! I'VE HAD A CRUSH ON HIM SINCE THE 7TH GRADE!" she's hopping up and down and starts to squeal as I give her a big hug.

"You know, the decorations are almost done, why don't you go tell your friends what happened and I'll finish up okay?" I asked her with a smile.

"You would do that for me? Thank you so much Ellie!" And with that, she half walked half jogged out of the gymnasium.

I let out a deep sigh. That was so sweet, Homecoming is only a few days away, maybe Alex just assumed we were going together. I finished the decor and slowly walked towards the doors. I felt a single tear flow down my cheek. I don't have any idea as to why I am crying, he's my boyfriend and I guess it is assumed that we will attend together. I guess I was just hoping for something a little more, but I don't want to be greedy.

I got into my car and was about to start the engine when my phone beeped, signalling a text message.

"Hey cutie, I need you to do me a favor, please. I had to drop my cousin off at the park earlier today, and I stayed and played with him for a while. I left my sweatshirt there, and I'm running now to babysit my neighbor, do you think you could grab it for me? Thanks babe!" ~Alex.

Really? His sweatshirt? Whatever. I fired up Ol' Red, my not so new car, and headed towards my park.

It wasn't really late, but the days were getting shorter and night was approaching quickly. I had no idea where his sweatshirt would be at. There was a cold breeze that sent shivers up my spine and chilled me to the bone. I started walking closer into the center of the park when I noticed some lights. They weren't very bright, candles, lanterns maybe? As I neared the lights, I noticed that they were, in fact, little pop up lanters. They were arranged in a circle, and as I looked at my surroundings, I found myself in the center.

"Hey." I heard a raspy voice greet me.

"Alex? Is that you?" I questioned him.

"Yeah, it is. Babe, I know it's kind of late, but I needed to do this in a special way." Oh my gosh. He came into the circle and stood directly in front of me. "Would you please go to the Homecoming dance with me?" His forehead leaned in against mine.

I smiled and kissed him with everything I had. Our tongues battling for dominance in each others mouths. My hand flew up into his dirty blonde hair, as he put one gently on my waste and had the other one cupping my face. I finally pulled back, our foreheads still touching.

"So is that a yes?" He smoothly asked.

"No..." I started and his face instantly paled. "It's a hell yes." I smiled and he rolled his eyes and laughed at me.

"Don't mess with me like that!" He jokingly pushed my shoulder and i playfully stuck my tongue out at him.

He grabbed my arms and embraced me into his arms.

"Babe, this is going to be the best year ever." He sweetly said and I looked up.

"I hope you're right." It meant to come out as an equally sweet answer, but in all honesty, seriousness was thick in my voice, and he could tell.

Falling for Friendzoneजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें