Hot Spring Scramble

A few days had gone by since the fiasco in the Beachrealm and once again, Chrom was looking for something to allow his Shepherds to rest and relax, to give them a proper reward for the Fell Dragon's defeat. This time, he had heard of some incredible hot springs in yet another Outrealm. Reaching out to the Shepherds, the group had gathered together at the Outrealm Gate in order to prepare for their vacation, this time hopefully without the need to draw iron again, but just as a precaution, everyone had a weapon or two on them along with a number of potions. Once everything was ready, they entered the portal and eventually arrived in the steamy realm.

"Ah, you must be those Shepherds I've heard so much about!" An eerily familiar redhead greeted, smiling towards them. Chrom looked towards the woman in surprise, "Anna? I thought you were taking care of a beach resort?" He questioned.

In response, Anna giggled softly. "Of course I don't, silly. You met one of my many, many sisters. I run the hot spring division of our extended family." She explained, "She told me how you and your allies saved her resort, though she never said you'd be coming out here, otherwise I would've spruced the place up."

This time, Robin had spoken up, "Well... we hadn't intended to come here after we were done at the beach, Chrom insisted we have a proper vacation, hopefully one not ruined by Risen or brigands." He explained, receiving a nod from Anna.

"We don't have bandits or the undead, so why don't you and your friends enjoy yourselves----" She would quickly be interrupted by a frantic Lissa.

"Chrom! We've got a problem! Risen have taken over the springs! They don't appear to be attacking anyone, but just lounging about in the water. What do we do?" She asked, looking both nervous and ready for a fight.

A long, annoyed sigh escaped the prince's lips. "Oh, for the love of Naga... Again? We're just not destined to have peaceful vacations it seems." Chrom grunted, shaking his head. "To arms, Shepherds! Even if it seems the Risen are just relaxing, we can't risk them hurting anyone here." He ordered, unsheathing Falchion.

The other troops had readied themselves for the coming battle, Ja'vassa shook his head. "My mother always said that hot springs feel better after some exercise... let's pray that she's right." He had decided to dual wield a Bound Sword spell, just wanting to get this fight done and over with as quickly as possible. Like most of the group, he was eager to get into the waters, slightly annoyed by yet another interruption. Battle after battle, seemingly nonstop...

Robin soon engaged with a rather lethargic, lazy looking Risen. "Who would've guessed that the undead would enjoy the springs. I would've thought that'd be poor for them, given their dead skin..." He said to himself, pausing briefly. "Enough of your banter, Robin.. we've got a job to do." Once he finished speaking, he had quickly got to work finishing off the zombie, using his favorite silver sword to do so.

The others had quickly gotten to work with Risen of their own, slashing and blasting them apart with a variety of powerful attacks. Fortunately, the battle didn't take nearly as long as the previous battles. Almost immediately as the last Risen fell, the group had prepared for their dip in the hot springs. Anna had come out from her chambers to congratulate them, "Good work, Shepherds. Feel free to lounge about in the springs as long as you'd like, it's the least I can do after all you've done for me and my many, many sisters." She suggested, offering a smile towards a grateful Chrom.

"We appreciate it, Anna. I think the water will do wonders for my friends." The prince replied, going to join his wife and a few others. "The water feels fantastic, eh?" He asked, looking towards Sumia.

She nodded, "I'm just glad the battle didn't take up most of our day... the water feels so nice, and the view from here is just... gorgeous!" She giggled gleefully.

Ja'vassa and Nowi had soon joined them, the happy couple practically melting in the warm waters. "Eastmarch had plenty of hot springs, but none were as nice as this." His eyes wandered towards the mountains in the distance, a gentle sigh leaving him. "This view is absolutely breathtaking. No giants, no dragons, no bears or sabre cats." He leaned back, wrapping his arm around Nowi.

The manakete looked up to him, "You know, the more you talk about your home, the more curious I am about visiting. Perhaps one day you would be willing to bring me with you, that's if you were to go back, of course." She said, smiling up at him. Sumia had chimed in by this point, a gentle smile plastered on her face. "I'd very much like to see your home as well, Ja'vassa. If you don't mind, of course."

In response to that, the Khajiit nodded. "Perhaps sometime soon, I'll see if I can't convince my Lord to allow us to travel to Tamriel. I'd recommend you prepare yourselves, Skyrim is a harsh and cold land, considerably colder than anything we've faced here. Beyond the harsh weather, bandits and other villains are all too common." He warned them, "Though, so long as you stick with me, you'll be fine. I believe several of my allies would be quite pleased to meet you, though some might be wary. Regardless, I believe it'll be a worthwhile journey."

For the next few hours, the group would continue to rest in the warm, inviting waters of the hot springs, at least until they decided it was time for supper. When they were hungry enough, they joined each other in the facility's dining room, leaving Ja'vassa in charge of cooking their meal. To end such a fine time in the relaxing springs, he decided to make up something simple, yet filling and nutritious for the group; roasted salmon, potatoes, and cabbage soup to finish it off. Nowi grinned happily as she was served, "Are all cooks from Skyrim this good, Java?" She asked happily, beginning to slowly eat her soup.

"Yes, you'll find it's home to a number of wonderful chefs, if she's still in charge of the Bannered Mare, I'll be sure to introduce you to Hulda's cooking. She's a wonderful chef, and whenever I visited Whiterun, I made sure to stop at the inn just for a bowl of her venison stew." Ja'vassa replied, "Her freshly baked sweet rolls and apple pies are heavenly. There's also the inn up in Solitude and in Riften, both are incredible. I'll be sure to introduce you to all of them." This mindless banter between them and the rest of the group would continue until they decided they were ready to sleep, with Ja'vassa planning to converse with his lord in the coming days. He was quite eager to introduce his wife to those he was close to, though at the same time, he was mildly nervous about them potentially meeting with his less than admirable allies within the Volkihar, Dark Brotherhood, and Thieves Guild. He'd worry about that later and soon ended up falling asleep with his wife, holding her close to him.