The Harvest Festival

Since the fall of Grima, things around the world have more or less returned to the way things should be. For now, the world was at peace; people were rebuilding what they had lost and those that with Shepherds were no different. No longer having to worry about the war, they were able to get their lives on track. Chrom and Sumia were properly raising this generation's Lucina and Cynthia, Robin and Lissa were preparing for the day they decided they were ready to properly start their family, while Nowi and Ja'vassa had been seen going on a number of adventures all across the world. Lately, Chrom had wanted to do something extra special for those that had helped with the defeat of the Fell Dragon; after hearing of an incredible harvest festival going on in the Outrealms, he thought that this would be the best option.

He had commissioned a number of letters, telling them about the festival and that he wished to bring them along. Most of the recipients had joined; Nowi and Lissa were especially excited about it, as both loved going to various festivals. Robin had jumped at it, though Ja'vassa was a little slower. He wasn't usually one for large crowds, but for the sake of his wife, he had agreed to go, if just to make her smile. After a few days, the group had reunited and they made their way for the Outrealm gates. Without much hesitation from the group, they entered the gates and made their way for the one that Chrom had mentioned. The other side of the gate revealed a rather peaceful town with all the amenities one would expect with the festival. Food stalls, beautiful decorations, cheerful patrons, and everything else one would need to ensure the festivities would as desired.

Unable to help it, Ja'vassa smiled softly. "Heh... this place reminds me of the harvest festival back in Whiterun. It was so lively in comparison to the chaos that took over the province.." He said in a nostalgic sounding tone. Unable to help it, his daughter giggled at him. "Did you partake in many festivals yourself, Father?" Nah asked, looking up to him.

The Khajiit nodded in response, "I did, both Kisavi and I often took part in the Burning of King Olaf Festival." He replied, "If I could, I'd love to bring you and your mother to one of Skyrim's festivals in the future."

Nowi had spoken up next, "That'd be wonderful!" She said in an excited tone, wrapping her arms around Ja'vassa's. "Oh, I'm so happy! Our first festival together! You, our daughter, and our friends!" To match the excited tone, she had worn an equally excited grin on her face.

Unfortunately, the excited mood would soon die out with dire news from Chrom and Frederick. "Before we can celebrate, we've got some unexpected guests. Risen have been spotted coming for the festival grounds. What's more, we really aren't equipped for a fight." The prince said, a worried expression on his face.

"You might not be equipped, Chrom, but I am. Let me deal with the Risen, you and the others should worry about evacuating the festival goers." Ja'vassa suggested, using a Bound Sword spell. "A few undead won't be too much of an issue." He suggested, readying himself for battle.

Frederick looked a little worried, "I know you're powerful, Ja'vassa, but we spotted at least twenty of them. You really think you'll be alright?" He asked, raising his eyebrow.

"Of course I'll be fine. The Risen aren't nearly as deadly as the Draugr back home, and besides, I can summon Daedra or call upon Durnehviir if things go poorly. Just focus on getting the citizens away. That's our first priority." The Dragonborn reminded him. He had soon turned to Nowi, "Our celebration will have to wait, love. After they're dead, we'll go and sample everything the Harvest Festival has to offer."

The manakete nodded at him, "Be careful, Java." She suggested, leaning up to kiss his cheek. Though still unsure, Chrom and Frederick had nodded towards him.

"Heh, I'm seriously glad you're on our side, Ja'vassa." Robin said, chuckling softly. "Give 'em hell for us."

With a nod, the Khajiit began his assault, quickly going after the Risen closest to him. The Bound Sword coupled with the Icy Spear did wonders against this undead army, to make things even better, the Risen seemed to be mindlessly walking around. As Ja'vassa fought off the Risen, Chrom and the other Shepherds had gone to work in making sure the townsfolk had gotten away safely. As they did a head count, one of the townsfolk had noted a child was caught up in the battle. The girl clutched a plush close to her as she backed away, one of the revenants quickly approaching her.