Diversion

Hours had gone by before the Feroxi forces would come face to face with their enemy, though it wasn't exactly a pleased reaction. "The cavalry has washed upon us!" Flavia said, though she quickly came to a shocking realization. "Wait.. it's only one man! He's swatting our troops like flies!"

Basilio clenched his teeth, watching the approaching warrior. "Don't let them scatter us! Let's show these metalheads a taste of our barbarian roots!" He ordered, rushing at the armored rider. "You there! Do you command these forces?" He asked, raising his own axe, clearly ready for a fight. Basilio merely nodded in response, soon engaging the warrior in battle. Despite the Khan's own impressive strength, he was obviously outmatched by his opponent who had delivered the first blow; though the attack was deadly, it wasn't enough to get Basilio to stop as he quickly retaliated with a devastating blow of his own.

Unfortunately for him, Walhart immediately struck back, though instead of just landing the killing blow, he stood back and smiled. "You have my respect, warrior. You're the first since Yen'fay to survive more than a single attack from me." He said, raising his axe again. "It's a shame we were on opposite sides."

Basilio held his wound, clenching his teeth. "Dammit.. this guy.. his strength is unreal.." He grumbled. "Flavia... everyone, run now! Don't risk it!" He ordered, though Flavia was defiant. "No! I'm not leaving without you, oaf!" She argued, grabbing her blade.

"Dammit, woman! Go now, I can only buy enough time for you to escape!" Basilio yelled, though he really wasn't in any position to argue any further. "It seems Lucina was right after all.." He coughed, a bit of blood dripping down his chin. Again, Flavia had defied him; she pointed her blade towards Walhart. "No way, Basilio... I promised them we'd come back together!"

With an annoyed sigh, the West-Khan had given her something. "Give.. give this to Chrom.." He had given her one of the Gemstones for the Emblem, though she looked to him with mild confusion and anger. "A Gemstone?" She started, "Why don't you give it to him yourself, idiot?!" Her usual stoic and tone had become shaken, nervous as she spoke.

"Please, for once in your life, just do what I tell you! Only one of us is leaving here alive, and it has to be you!" Basilio pleaded, though Flavia was understandably reluctant, she winded up nodding in response, fleeing from the scene as she had been ordered. "Basilio!" She cried out, taking one last look towards her old friend, tears sliding down her cheeks as she ran.

Walhart grinned as he watched Basilio stand up again. "You're a most impressive warrior.." He admitted, cutting down the Khan once and for all. Covered in fresh blood, the Feroxi warrior had finally fallen, his axe laying idly besides his corpse.