Enter Valm

Not long after the afternoon arrived, the Shepherds and their allies had finally arrived at the Valm Harbor, where as they had expected, a number of enemy soldiers had been at the port, though it didn't seem they were waiting for Chrom's group. Rather, a number of them seemed to be pursuing a girl. Unsure of what to make of it, they had decided that protecting her and the town was their top priority. Quickly leaving the ship, they had joined the battle; this time, they hadn't split up into factions, deciding that remaining together would be their best option for now. Unlike the battles on the sea or back at Port Ferox, this fight proved to be rather difficult; the Valmese forces put up a great resistance, seemingly being capable of actually pushing the Shepherds back. Reaching a stalemate, Chrom had turned to Ja'vassa, a frantic look in his eyes. "Hey! Are you gonna be able to summon that dragon?" He asked, fighting off a Valmese soldier.

In response, Ja'vassa looked at the area around him. "I'll need you and others to clear up some extra space to do so.. could get messy should you be caught up in the summoning." The Khajiit, returning to fight against incoming soldiers. As the battle raged on, there would finally be enough room for Durnehviir to join the fight. Using the shout, the undead dragon had arrived in Valm, unleashing a terrifying roar as he took off into the air. Much like the fight in Port Ferox, the dragon had summoned the army of the undead to join the Shepherds in their struggle. This was more than enough to turn the tides in the favor of Chrom and his group. "I'm gonna go help the girl, you and the others should go deal with the commander and the remaining Valmese." The Khajiit suggested, receiving nods from his allies before he'd quickly make his way to the girl.

With a couple of Icy Spears, Ja'vassa was able to get the knights away from their target. "Are you alright?" He asked her, readying a Healing Hands spell in case she needed some medical attention.  The girl nodded in response, "Aye, thank you. It seems the rumors were true about the Ylisseans.. your strength is unreal." Say'ri admitted, wearing a surprisingly calm smile in spite of the current events, though Ja'vassa looked a little confused. "You know of us?" He asked; he wasn't upset or anything, just mildly surprised at the revelation. 

"Of course, everyone knows of Prince Chrom and his group's exploits, but I fear now is not the best time to explain this." Say'ri said, watching as more enemies approached. Ja'vassa would nod in agreement, handing her Harkon's sword. "Here, I'll let you borrow this for now. If you're able to fight, then join us." The Khajiit suggested, soon joining the fight once again. The girl nodded, fighting right alongside him. With the help of both Durnehviir and Say'ri, the battle would finally come to an end in the favor of the Shepherds. Now that the fighting had ceased for the time being, the group would begin conversing with their new ally. 

"My, my.. I see the claims of your strength weren't just stories after all. I am Say'ri, and I am apart of the Resistance." She greeted, bowing slightly. "It may not be apparent, but several groups have formed in order to seek their independence from the Empire, though none of the other dynasts have stood against the Conqueror himself." The group listened to her, nodding after she had finished speaking. The idea of a resistance was promising to them, but considering what she said about this Conqueror, things began to get a little more difficult for them. "Why haven't they done anything yet?" Flavia asked, just trying to get a better idea of what was going on.

"Simple.. greed and jealousy prevents them from acting. Many thrive under Walhart's command, others refuse to take up arms unless their territory is threatened." Say'ri admitted, a rather annoyed sigh. "Among those happens to be my older brother, Yen'fay.. the dynasts may not trust me because of that."

This only caused more confusion among the group. "Why would your brother fight for them?" Ja'vassa asked, though he only received a shrug in response. "I do not know, I only pray to meet him on the battlefield to ask the question myself.. that's if I don't cut him down like the imperial dog he is." The answer wasn't quite as satisfactory as they had hoped, but none chose to argue with her.  "Do you have any idea what kind of army this.. Conqueror leads?" Chrom interjected, hoping to get more information.

"I cannot say for sure, but it was enough to dominate the entirety of the continent in two years. Rumors claim he has well over a million men under his command." Say'ri replied, though this answer only provoked worried looks from the group. "A million? You're not serious, are you?" Lissa asked, gulping slightly. "Why so nervous, milady? It was the Ylissean forces that took out a thousand of their ships, no?" Say'ri asked, wearing a rather confident smile.

Chrom nodded at that, though he turned to Robin. "You've been quiet, friend. I hope that's a good sign." He said to the tactician. "I was thinking.. Say'ri, you said you've had trouble uniting the dynasts to stand up against the Conqueror, right? Do you think there might be something that could potentially get them to stand up?" He asked the Chon'sin princess, she would nod in confirmation. "Yes, many of our people worship the Divine Dragon, or more specifically, we revere her oracle, Lady Tiki. She's currently being held prisoner at the Mila Tree.. though, if she were to be freed.."

Robin nodded, "Then perhaps people could rally around her.. having extra hands in the coming days will certainly make our upcoming battles significantly easier." He suggested, turning to Chrom. "I know our priority is to take out this Conqueror, but it'd be suicide if we were to just waltz on up to the castle." The prince would nod in agreement, "You're right..  let's head to the Tree and see if we can't rescue TIki." He ordered, though he'd wind up following behind Say'ri, seeing as she knew the place significantly better than he did.