The Fell Dragon

Staring at the scene in horror, Lucina had clasped her mouth as tears pooled in her eyes. Everything she had sacrificed, all the hardships she went through to ensure this very scenario would happen failed. "Father... no.. no! I.. I failed you again.." Her breathing sped up as she stared towards a remorseful looking Robin.

In the background, the weakened Validar was laughing at the sight. "It's as I've told you time and time again. You may divert its course, but destiny arrives all the same. Whether you try to run from it or run towards it, you cannot change the destination." He reminded them. Do you see how frail these pathetic bonds are, Robin? How easily they're broken? You could've spared them by joining the Fell Dragon, but now you can watch as they're killed off one by one.."

Robin's lips quivered, unable to mutter so much as a word after what had just happened. Lucina on the other hand, had since fallen to her knees. "Everything I've done.. All of those sleepless nights.. They were all for naught." She slammed her fist into the ground, though soon a familiar sounding voice boomed through the halls.

"Hah! I thought I'd never get here!" The voice bellowed as Lucina turned to the source in confusion. "No way... it can't be..." She said in surprise, watching as Basilio emerged from the shadows. "I'd love it if you stopped rambling on about this destiny crap, it's admittedly becoming quite annoying." He said as even Validar stared at him in surprise.

Lucina shook her head once she got over her surprise. "B-Basilio? How.. I.. I heard you died in Valm?" She questioned.

"I was playing dead, though when you're facing a monster like Walhart, it really isn't too hard to do that." Basilio explained, "Your warning gave me all the courage I needed to be a coward. I owe you, Lucina. Thanks to you, I'm still alive." This caused Lucina to smile ever so slightly.

The Plegian mage had merely scoffed in response, "Hmph, so you've managed to cheat death. You think that changes anything, Plegian fool?" He asked, glaring towards his foes. "Besides, even if you didn't die back in Valm, you can always die here!" He added, laughing a bit.

"For a smart person, you really can be an idiot, Validar." Basilio taunted. "You're not nearly as strong or even as clever as Walhart.. For example, it still hasn't been tricked. Everything that's happened here, Robin's seen in a dream. This very battle, the Gemstones.. Everything. He knew full well that bringing the real Gemstones would be long swinging a savory, juicy steak right in front of a starving bear."

This caused Validar to laugh, "Quite the tale, my friend. I've had your every move monitored since Carrion Isle, no one besides Chrom has even touched the Gemstones." He responded, a confident laugh escaping him.

"That's true, but you weren't watching the dead ones, were you?" Basilio asked in response, grinning. Validar's eyes widened in response to his question. "Ah, it's starting to sink in, ain't it? Seems your destiny wasn't as sound as you made it out to be... such a fate changed up all with a simple plan. It's a shame, eh?"

The dark mage clenched his teeth, clearly getting increasingly frustrated with the turn of events. "You idiots... none of that matters anymore! Chrom is dead! The Emblem is in my possession! You have lost! You cannot---AH!" He grunted as Robin fired off an attack. Validar stared at his son with a pained, surprised expression; the shock on his face only grew as Chrom stood up.

"F-Father? You're alive!" Lucina cheered, her smile widening as she watched Chrom.

The prince grinned and nodded, "Robin was gracious enough to weaken the strike.. Admittedly, I'm glad he's on our side. He'd be a pain to fight." He replied, laughing softly.

Validar grunted, his expression growing angrier with each passing second. "Damn you! Damn you all! I won't.. I can't let all of this be for nothing! I don't need the Emblem to kill you!" He had since readied a spell, though he was once again interrupted with an attack; this one coming from Ja'vassa.

Chrom grinned, "Ja'vassa! Nowi! What are you two doing here?" He questioned, the smile never leaving his face.

The Khajiit returned the grin, "You don't honestly think we'd sit back and let you hog all the glory to yourselves, did you?" He asked playfully. "I think it's time we put down this old bastard once and for all."

Seeing as he was surrounded, Validar quickly warped away to another section of the room, protected by his Grimleal followers. Now, part two of the battle would get underway. Basilio and Flavia both grabbed their axe and sword respectively. "Like Ja'vassa said, it's time we finished him off! Chrom, Robin.. Guide our blades!" Flavia called out, soon beginning her assault. The battle with the Grimleal was relatively short, but hard fought and bloody. Robin had taken on Validar, ultimately defeating him in a magic fueled battle. As the dark mage fell for the last time, he glared at Robin. "Why... why would you.. squander your birthright... for these.. worms? My life is yours, Grima." He muttered, finally releasing his final breath.

With the battle coming to a close, Chrom wore an excited grin as he jumped joyfully. "We did it! It seems our destinies aren't as solid as he made it out to be!"

Unfortunately, the celebration would be cut short as the hierophant arrived, "He was such an eager pawn." He said, shaking his head slightly. "Your fates are coming soon, you've merely altered the course.. Though, destiny always favors its original course."

"What are you talking about?" Robin asked, clearly nervous around this strange doppelganger.

"Chrom will still die at your hands, or rather, at my hands." The mysterious figure said. "If it weren't obvious already, I am you, Robin... or more precisely, I am you from another timeline. The one where you murdered Chrom and ultimately became the Fell Dragon. Those dreams of yours? Those were my memories. We share these memories because we share the same heart, the same blood; the blood of Grima." He explained, a smirk growing. "Your... recollection if you will, began the moment I entered this world. My attempt to merge our beings together ended up wiping your memory and unfortunately caused me to lose a significant amount of power."

Robin stared towards him, confused and unsure of what to think. "The voice... the visions... it was because of you."

The future Robin nodded in response, "In order to ensure my future was secured, I had returned alongside Lucina. If Validar had been killed during Emmeryn's assassination attempt, history would've been rewritten and I would've ceased to exist. It was necessary for me to intervene. All that's left is for you to become Grima. Join your might with mine and we'll become a god!" He added, hoping to attract his past self to his side.

The present Robin tilted his head slightly, "We're not the same yet, are we?"

"Unfortunately, no. You were supposed to accept Grima's power and feast on the bountiful sacrifice laid out at the altar. Unfortunately, you choose your pathetic band of friends.." He sighed, shaking his head. "No matter, if you won't take it, I will gladly do so in your place." A dark aura surrounded the future Robin as he raised his hands. "Hah! Watch as the Fell Dragon rises again. Watch in horror and helplessness as your destiny approaches!"

Backing away slightly, Robin was quick to make a run for the Fire Emblem; he knew that this was the only way they'd have any chance against Grima, though his faith in his tactics and his group's abilities was being tested at this point. Though Chrom and the others weren't entirely sure what Robin was up to, they had decided to flee as well, fearing what might happen should they be caught up in the future Robin's transformation.

Back outside, the Shepherds watched in horror as the Fell Dragon arose; a massive beast the size of a small mountain. Ja'vassa's eyes widened, "Dammit.. How are we supposed to fight something like that? Gods, look at the size of it!" He shouted, admittedly quite nervous with this. "We can't just outright engage him, he'd kill us all!"

Chrom nodded, grinding his teeth. "If we still had the Emblem, then we might have a chance, but... it's buried in the rubble." Falchion quivered in his hand.

Robin smirked at them, "What? You mean this Emblem?" He asked, handing it to a surprised Chrom. "I stole it from you already, the least I could do is steal it back."

The prince laughed, "Hah! You sly dastard! We need to reach Mount Prism to complete the Awakening before Grima catches wind. Let's get going, Shepherds!" He ordered, running off in the direction of the location he mentioned.