Awakening

Much to the group's surprise, the journey to Mount Prism was rather uneventful. What was more surprising was the calming, relaxing atmosphere that surrounded the area. The air was clean, the landscape was pure and unscathed, untouched by the flames of war that have dominated the realm for the past couple years. Lissa sighed softly, smiling towards the clear skies above them. "It's almost as if our battles we're nothing more than a bad dream." She said with a soft giggle. "I almost just wanna fall back and take a nap, it's so soothing here."

Unfortunately, they wouldn't have a chance to do so quite yet. Ja'vassa's ears perked up and his hand went down to the handle of one of his war axes, "I'm afraid your nap will have to wait, milady. We've got company..." He warned her. "Risen are on their way." He had pointed towards the incoming undead soldiers.

Lucina's eyes widened in confusion. "What?! This place was supposed to be sacred.. How could they infiltrate this place?" She asked, turning to her father. "You think they might be linked to Grima?" To this, Chrom had nodded in response.

Drawing Falchion, a determined look crossed his face as he raised the blade. "Shepherds, to arms! We must drive these Risen away as soon as possible! We cannot fall here!" He shouted, rushing at the undead closest to him. The others with him also joined in on the battle, cutting down as many as they could. Fortunately, though the Risen had the advantages in numbers, it wasn't enough to take down the determined Shepherds. One by one, the undead army had fallen and finally, there was finally some time for Chrom to do what he had come to do.

Lissa gulped softly, "You had better come out of there alive, brother.." She ordered, receiving a nod from Chrom. "I'll be back, I promise." He assured her, heading towards the Altar.

With his blade unsheathed and the Fire Emblem raised towards the heavens, the Exalt would speak up. "Lady Naga, hear my call! In the name of my Exalted Blood, I call upon the powers of the Divine Dragon so that I may be baptized and cleansed in your fire!" He called out, hoping that this all wasn't in vain. Soon, a brilliant blue flame would engulf the prince. Pained grunts escaped from Chrom as the blaze hit him, though he stood strong, refusing to give up in such a critical moment in the war.

"Welcome, Exalted One. You have overcome great obstacles, and bear a kind and righteous heart. A heart worthy of my blessing. Falchion strengthens along with your desires to become stronger." The Divine Dragon said, her voice sounding as calm and serene as she looked.

Chrom smiled at that, beyond happy that this Awakening ritual was a resounding success. "Does that mean... does that mean I've the power of the gods myself?" He asked, watching as Falchion began to glow.

Naga had shaken her head in response, "I am no god, Exalt. Mankind may call me the Divine Dragon, but know that I do not have the power to create or destroy, and neither does the Fell Dragon." She started, "However, with my blessing, you have been able to draw Falchion's true power and with it, your strength rivals my own. With the blade, you may be able to put Grima back to rest."

Though Chrom was ecstatic to have his signature weapon upgraded, others were a bit skeptical. Frederick especially as he raised his eyebrow. "Put him to rest? Can we not permanently destroy him?" He asked, fearing that all they've gone through to that point was for nothing.

"It would be through his own power, though he would never do so out of his own free will. Returning the beast to sleep is the best outcome you can hope for. There is little time for talk now, you must hurry to Origin Peak. You will face the Fell Dragon there.. When the time comes, I will join my power with Falchion and the world will finally be rid of Grima until the next generation of Grimleal bring him back." Naga explained, receiving nods from those that listened.

The group was understandably nervous; this battle was so much bigger than taking out the Mad King, fighting off the Conqueror, or petty squabbles with random bandits on the roads. This very well determined the fate of their world; they could be successful and save it, or they could fall and watch as the world they loved burned to the ground. These thoughts dwelled within the heads of many of these hopeful warriors as they marched on towards their destination.