Our Future Children - The Lost Dragon

While the war in Valm was indeed an important thing to focus on, Lucina had informed the group that hadn't returned to the past alone; other children joined her, but unfortunately wound up getting separated during the journey. Among these children happened to be the future daughter of Nowi and Ja'vassa; this came as a shock to the Khajiit, as he wasn't even aware of the fact that he'd even be able to produce a child, not that he'd complain. He just worried about losing her like he lost Kisavi all those years ago. After arriving in the Manor of Lost Souls, they had found it was overrun with hordes of Risen.

Just like they would anywhere else, they had split into groups and prepared for battle. Ja'vassa and Nowi were as usual paired together, thanks to their combination of magic and strength, they were able to decimate the unfortunate Risen that dared to stand against them. The Shepherds weren't far behind, easily dispatching those the Dragonborn and manakete missed. "Hey, Nowi! I think I've found the kid!" Ja'vassa shouted, having since sheathed his blades before he'd approach the child. Likely out of fear or confusion, she had launched a ball of ice at Ja'vassa, just barely missing the Khajiit. "Whoa, there! Hold your fire! I'm on your side!" He assured her, using a ward to block her next attack. Hearing the words from him caused the child to morph back into her human-like form. "O-Oh? Really? I'm glad.. otherwise I would've had to kill you." She said, her tone laced with a mixture of fear and relief. As the Khajiit approached her, he sighed in relief. "We're here to get you out of here." Ja'vassa started, watching as Nowi guarded the door. "Do you have a name, little one?" He asked.

"Nah." The girl replied, receiving a confused look from the Khajiit. "Surely you've got to have a name, right?" He asked again, raising his eyebrow. In response to this, the child released an exasperated sigh. "Nah.. N-A-H, Nah." She huffed, puffing up her cheeks slightly. Ja'vassa, the normally intelligent Khajiit blinked in confusion. "That's an... odd name." He admitted, receiving yet another exasperated sigh from the girl. "And who's fault do you think that is?" She retorted, receiving a shrug from Ja'vassa. "How should I know?" He asked in response, "Anyways.. although this is a lovely conversation, we should probably worry about that after we get you out of here. Now, come on." He suggested, soon drawing Harkon's sword again along with a Fireball spell in the other hand. Nah nodded in response, "Lead the way, sir..." Her tone no longer sounded as annoyed, but it held a more relieved ring to it as she finally had some help getting out of the place.

The remainder of the battle would go about as expected, the Shepherds cut down any remaining Risen that stood in their way while Ja'vassa would occasionally break into any chests or doors that stood in their way. Little by little, the group pushed forward and was eventually able to not only wipe out the remaining Risen, but they had also managed to escape the now crumbling ruins. With everyone out and the enemies dealt with, the group returned to camp with Nowi, Ja'vassa, and Nah deciding to relax together. As they had returned to the campsite together, the loving couple had learned that she was actually their daughter from a future timeline. Though clearly confused by this revelation, they ended up believing her. It was obviously a lot to take in, but this just gave them more to talk about now that they've returned to camp.

Like always, Nowi had taken her seat on Ja'vassa's lap as Nah sat beside him. The child looked up to her father, "You know, I was told that you came from a different world than we did.. Can I ask about your world, maybe your family back home? Or maybe any old lovers?" Nah had innumerable questions, but chose to only ask a few as to not annoy him. Nowi smiled, "You know, you've not told me much about your past either.. I'd very much like to know." She chimed in, nuzzling her husband.

Ja'vassa sighed softly, "My homeland, eh? I was born in the province of Elsweyr.. a land of deserts, rocky canyons, and dense jungles, where the sun shines warmly." He started, a nostalgic smile growing on his face. "Though, I was mostly raised in Skyrim, a province far to the north.. unlike the warm and inviting Elsweyr, the province was cold and harsh, the wind blew bitter cold often, but it helps the fur grow thicker." He sighed softly, "Skyrim was not kind to my people, but the hardships endured in the frozen province have helped me become the person I am now. I made some terrible mistakes.. I've done and seen things many people could only dream of.. I've saved lives and I've ruined lives, and you know what? I wouldn't change a thing.. especially now that I've got a family again." He pressed a soft kiss to the top of Nowi's head, the smile never leaving his face.