A Khajiit's New Home

A few weeks had gone by since the fall of Grima and things were more or less back to the way things should be. The Feroxis, Valmese, and Plegians that aided in the Fell Dragon's demise had since returned home to begin mending the scars of this devastating conflict while the Ylisseans remained in their own land to do the same. Robin and Lissa finally settled down like they intended to do with them intending to start their family together. Chrom and Sumia were busy touring across the country in order to stamp out the remnants of the war, being fairly successful in this endeavor. Ja'vassa and Nowi had also begun to settle down, though the Khajiit couldn't help but worry for the day that his Lord would call him back to the land of his birth. Unfortunately, or fortunately, it would seem that Hermaeus Mora would come with a message, though he wasn't entirely sure if this is what he wanted to hear yet.

During a short walk in the woods near his home, the Daedric Lord had appeared to him. "Your progress is swift, Champion. You've done well so far, though your work here is complete." The Daedra started, though Ja'vassa's face had fallen slightly. He knew it was going to happen eventually, though he didn't want to think about it, so it was always thrust into the back of his mind.

Regardless, he nodded in response. "How long will it be before you return me to Tamriel?" Ja'vassa asked, hoping he'd at least have a few days with his wife and daughter before they'd be separated.

"I'll give you a week before I call for you. Spend your time wisely, Champion." Just as quickly as Hermaues Mora appeared, he had disappeared. Ja'vassa sighed softly, wondering how he'd go about asking Nowi and Nah regarding potentially leaving Ylisse for his home in Skyrim. Shaking his head, he'd soon return to the family's home. "Nowi? You here?" He called out as he entered the house. Without any delay, his wife had quickly given him a hug, smiling up at him.

"Welcome home, Java!" She greeted, nuzzling him. Her smile had fallen once she noticed the mellow look on Ja'vassa's face. "Is everything alright, dear? It's not like you to return home with a frown unless something's wrong.." She reached up to cup his cheek, holding him close to her.

"Hermaeus Mora plans to bring me back to Tamriel soon. I do not wish to leave this world without you, but I don't want to tear you away from the friends you've made here." Ja'vassa explained, rubbing the back of his head. "I'll admit I'm at a loss here.. I don't know what to do."

The manakete listened closely, nodding at him. "We made a promise we'd be together.. I'd hope you'd be willing to keep that promise, Ja'vassa, no matter what world we're in. As long as we're together, I'll be happy." Nowi admitted, that happy smile quickly returned to her face. "I'm sure Nah would be just as happy to join us back there as well."

The assurance from his wife was enough to get him to smile in return, "Thank you, Nowi... I appreciate your willingness to return with me." Ja'vassa replied as he lifted her up, "I just hope my home in Raven Rock is still standing in one piece.. Though, that's not important now. Let's go see what Nah has to say."

The two headed upstairs to where Nah was studying; much like her father, she had a love for reading and would often spend much of her freetime reading some of the books that Ja'vassa had collected over his years of adventuring. "Hey, Nah, are you busy?" The Khajiit asked as he entered her room. The girl turned to face her parents, shaking her head. "What can I do for you, father?" She asked as she set the book to the side.

Ja'vassa paused, going to sit next to his daughter. "My Lord is calling for my return to Tamriel. Nowi's already agreed to return home with me, but neither of us wish to leave without you. Do you want to return to the land of my birth with us?" He asked, wrapping his arm around the kid.

Unlike Nowi, Nah was a little slower to answer. On one hand, the idea of traveling to a new world that she wasn't required to save sounded excited, the chance to study the host of material that his homeworld boasted was just a bonus. However, she wasn't too excited about the idea of leaving everything she's known, all of her friends and loved ones, while traversing a world her father has repeatedly said to be an incredibly dangerous world, even for one of her skill levels. She looked up to her father, "Um... how long will it be before I have to make my decision...?" She asked quietly.

"It'll be a week before he calls me back.. However, I could see if I can request extra time." Ja'vassa offered, receiving a nod from his daughter. "Don't rush yourself to come to a decision, sweetheart." He leaned over, softly kissing her cheek.

This caused Nah to smile softly, "You guys will be with me regardless, right?" She asked, receiving a nod from her parents.

"Of course.. I'll find some way to convince my Lord to let me stay. I'm nothing if not persuasive." Ja'vassa assured her, giving her another soft hug.

A few days had gone by since that conversation and Nah had come to her decision, coming to inform her parents. "I've.. I've thought it over, father. I.. I can't leave this place. It's all I've ever known and I don't know if I'd be able to leave the friends I've made here." She admitted softly.

Ja'vassa nodded at her, "That's alright, sweetheart. I'll see what I can do with my Lord. You and your mother should just hang tight for a bit." He suggested. "I'll need about an hour to converse with him. Once I have my answer, I'll come back and inform you both." He said to his family, giving them both a tight hug. "Regardless of what happens, I want you both to know that I love you very much." He pressed soft kisses to their cheeks, soon heading off.

Once in the woods again, he would be approached by his Lord once again. "Have you made your peace, Dragonborn?" Hermaeus Mora asked, though Ja'vassa shook his head.

"I can't leave this world behind. I never intended to get so attached to it, I'm sorry. I've been loyal to you since day one, but I'm afraid today I'll have to defy you." He started, wondering if he'd regret that. "Though, I believe me staying here would be beneficial. With the Fell Dragon gone and people going astray, they'd need a new god to worship. Perhaps in addition to my search for knowledge, I could turn people your way. Surely having hundreds of new followers would be better than a simple Khajiit wandering aimlessly, correct?"

The Daedric Lord would fall silent; Ja'vassa was right, "You make a strong case. The lure of forbidden knowledge will drive these pitiful people to me." He responded, "Alright, Champion... you may remain here, but I expect you to hold up your end of the bargain. Should you feel the need to return to Apocrypha, read your Black Book and from there, you can return to Tamriel as needed." He explained, receiving a nod from his follower.

"Of course, I'll do anything if it means remaining with my wife and daughter." Ja'vassa confirmed, watching as the mass of tentacles disappeared. This time, when he returned home, he wore a surprisingly cheerful smile on his face.

Nowi had matched the smile as he entered, "With that grin, I'd imagine there's good news. So, spill it, Java!" She insisted, giving him her trademark tackle hug.

"Well... Hermaeus Mora granted me the right to remain here so long as I continued gathering knowledge for him. He's also tasked me with guiding people from this world into his worship." Ja'vassa explained, lovingly returning the hug from Nowi. "We'll get to raise our family here like we promised." He added, cupping her cheek. Without any hesitation, the loving couple had shared a long, happy kiss. Their future together had been assured.

After pulling away from the kiss, Ja'vassa grinned at her. "I'm glad to have met you, Nowi. You've made the near endless battles here worth it. Holding you now gives me the assurance I need that I've made the right choice. If there's anyone I'll be spending an eternity with, I'm glad it's you." He placed another soft kiss to her cheek.

The smile on Nowi's face widened as she tightened her grip around her husband, "I could say the same for you. If not for you, I likely would've wound up on the auction block again. Thank you, Java." She replied happily, nuzzling him. "I look forward to the next thousand years with you." With the good news in mind, the two had soon joined each other in their room, quickly falling asleep with the other in their arms, obviously happy with their future together.