Aversa's Final Kiss

After days on the road, they had finally arrived at the volcano as Naga instructed. "Here we are..." Chrom said, gulping as he looked towards the mountain peak. "Grima awaits us.. Be swift, Awakener. Remember the power I gave you cannot permanently destroy him." Naga replied.

Robin had interjected this time, "Right.. It can only put him back to sleep.." He sighed as the Divine Dragon nodded.

"Correct, Fellblood." She said, "Perhaps your powers will be useful in the coming battle, they're not unlike my own."

Robin had soon fallen into a brief silence, trying to figure out his plan of action for the great battle coming up. "To defeat Grima permanently, he'd need to use his own power against himself.." He rubbed his chin, "Hmm.. if I'm of the Fellblood, then perhaps my own power should be enough to destroy him, correct?" He asked Naga.

She was silent for a moment, though she soon nodded at him. "It's possible, though do be wary about this. You and Grima are linked, should you slay Grima, your own life will also end... but, this might be the only way to permanently defeat the Fell Dragon." She explained.

Everything sounded good to Chrom up to that point, though he turned to Robin who was nodding in response to what the Divine Dragon saaid. "I understand.. I'm ready for whatever comes next."

Naga would nod in response, "You've made plenty of powerful ties in the world, perhaps they'll be able to overpower Grima's ties to you.. it's possible those bonds you've made will be enough to spare you, but the chance of this happening is slim. You'll almost certainly cease to exist, Robin." She warned him, though this did little to discourage the tactician.

Chrom bit his lip, "No, no, no.. there's gotta be some other way. We can't lose Robin too, we've lost enough---" He was quickly interrupted by his friend.

"I appreciate the concern, Chrom... but, just look at what's at stake here. It's one life compared to millions." Robin reminded him, "I know you won't approve of my final decision, but.. If I'm to spare future generations of this pain and misery, it has to be done. I'm sorry, my old friend. There is no other choice." He said to Chrom, soon turning to Lissa. "I know our time together has been brief, but I hope you know that I've loved you with every bit of my heart, this will not change even after the battle."

The Ylissean princess chose not to respond, instead she had thrown her arms around Robin, sobbing softly. She wasn't ready to say goodbye to her husband quite yet, especially not like this.

Ja'vassa had soon spoken up, shaking his head. "You're either the bravest person or the biggest fool I've ever met, Robin, but I respect that out of you. You're making the choice most people would be too frightened to make. I just pray the gods preserve you once the battle is over with." He said to the tactician. "For Lissa's sake, I hope you make it out of it alive."

Robin merely nodded at him, "I won't make any promises, though regardless of the outcomes, I'm glad to have met all of you. If Chrom hadn't found me back there, I don't know where I'd be now.." A smile crossed his face as he spoke. "Thank you all for making the last few years enjoyable."

Though the final conversation was fairly delightful, they would be interrupted by the approaching Grimleal. "Be swift, Awakener. Grima's followers will harass you until he is no more. I cannot offer help until you engage the Fell Dragon directly." Naga said, hanging back to watch the ensuing battle.

Near the base of the mountain, Aversa had been resting on her pegasus, a soft smirk on her face. "Oh? You Shepherds are persistent to say the least, though have you not seen what awaits you? Grima has returned! Your struggle has been for nothing! Your end is near.. But, don't worry. I've got a kiss for each of you, then you can watch as the world you knew burns." Her voice sounded as sly as always, her eyes trailed the group.

Robin already had his strategy formulated by this point, he had turned to the Khajiit. "You had done pretty well against Aversa before, I think you should be the one to deal with her again. If you can strike her down, we can finally focus on Grima himself." He suggested. "As for the rest of us, we'll need to focus on keeping the Grimleal aways from Ja'vassa.. This'll be the hardest fight so far, but we can't stop yet, we have to press forward."

The others nodded in response, "Ah... it was a good thing that Hermaeus Mora granted me the chance to bring my allies from Tamriel. Odahviing and Durnehviir together will no doubt make a frightening pair." Ja'vassa said, turning to Nowi. "Next time we meet, love, you had better not be in a pool of blood." He said to her, receiving a nod and a quick kiss from her. "After this is all over, we'll need to take a nice, long rest.. Maybe I'll be able to bring you back to sample Eastmarch's hot springs."

Once the battle had officially begun, Ja'vassa had summoned Durnehviir through the use of the Shout. With the help of his allies, reaching the sultry dark flier was fairly easy. "Aversa, I believe you and I have a score to settle." He said, pointing Harkon's sword towards her. "This time, there won't be any interruptions."

The smirk on her face widened slightly, "Oh, if only Validar would've found you first.. You would've made such a wonderful ally. You had so many opportunities, you could've helped us recreate the world." She said to him.

The Khajiit scoffed in response, "Admittedly, had we met first, I might've joined you.. I've done some horrible things in my life, but now that I've got a wife and daughter again, I'll do anything to ensure they survive. I doubt the Grimleal would've been too welcoming of their runaway slave." He would soon launch his first attack; his blade clashing with Aversa's lance. "I grow weary of talking to you, I'm going to finish you off!"

Blade against blade, spell against spell; once again, the two proved to be an incredible matchup. Fortunately for the Dragonborn, his friends were doing well to fend off the waves of Grimleal. "I just can't wait to see Master Grima turn you into one of those mindless Risen. A powerful, incredible specimen turned into nothing more than a puppet. Even if you win here, you cannot change destiny. Grima will have the final victory!"

Ja'vassa scoffed again as it seemed he'd land the finishing blow, sinking his sword deep into her chest. "Destiny is what we make of it. I am in control of my own; no god... no dragon... no man. I have the final say in it." He slowly pulled the sword away from her. "Our stories will not end here, but unfortunately, yours will." He added, watching as she fell from her mount. "Chrom, Robin! Aversa has fallen! It's time we took the battle to that overgrown bastard!" He shouted to them, though was quickly silenced at the sound of Grima's deafening roar.

Lucina's eyes widened, "Grima approaches!" She shouted, turning to Chrom. "We can do this, friends! We must defeat him!" The prince responded.

Frederick gulped slightly, "But, how? Where do we strike? Can mere men even hope to take down such a beast?" He asked Chrom.

Naga would instead speak up, "I can send you to the Fell Dragon's back, but then the rest is up to you. Strike the nape of his neck, though this weak point will be guarded by his servants. Strike fast and strike true, and you'll find yourselves back here soon."

Chrom nodded at her, "We'd ask for nothing more.. Shepherds, friends, our battle ends today! One way or another, the war ends here!" After he finished speaking, every last Shepherds and ally had been transported to Grima's back, with Robin's doppelganger standing on the nape of the beast's neck, a smile plastering his face.