Chapter 43

Beca looked in the mirror, doing up her jacket button before sighing and leaving it unbuttoned again. "Fuck sake", she mumbled under her breath, looking over her outfit again, brushing off the specks of dust and dirt.

 "Fuck sake", she mumbled under her breath, looking over her outfit again, brushing off the specks of dust and dirt

"You ready?", she jumped when Tom slapped his hand down on her shoulders, laughing to himself.

"Any way we can sneak out before he takes pictures of us?", Beca smirked as she looked in the mirror one last time before walking back to the living room.

"There you are!", Ben Mitchell was standing with Sheila and Emily as the twins entered the room both dressed up and ready to go and get their dates.

"Here we are", the soccer captain held her arms out to show her entrance, "And here we go", she spun around to leave the room before being held back by her quarterback of a brother who wrapped his arm around her shoulder.

"Not before pictures", Ben held his phone up, smirking at his children as they stood side by side. "Beca, just smile and then you can leave", he sighed at his daughter who then forced a smile on her face for him. "Thank you", he rolled his eyes, putting his phone back on the side as he walked over to shake Tom's hand. "I'm so proud of you both", he looked between the twins.

"Thanks, Pop", Tom shook his father's hand back, smiling.

"You're Mom would be proud of you too", the older Mitchell looked down at his daughter, softly placing his hand on her shoulder.

"I know", she smiled back at him before stepping forward into his warm embrace, "Thanks old man"

"Oh, don't forget your corsages", Sheila spoke up as she held up the two boxes for the twins. "And make sure you have a good time"

"Just not too much fun that gets you kicked out of Prom", Emily laughed with the older twins.

"See you later, guys", Beca smiled at the three of them before her and Tom left to drive over to Stacie's house where the girls had organised to get ready together.

Once they arrived at her best friend's house, Beca couldn't help but start to feel the nerves and butterflies kick in as they went out into the garden to wait. She was very quickly finishing her beer, her hand kept reaching into her pocket to check that Chloe's birthday present hadn't fallen out. The brunette hadn't seen her girlfriend all day, something to do with Aubrey's parents treating them all to a spa day of treatments, hair and nail appointments before needing the time to get dressed with the girls.

"Why does it feel like we're on a reality show right now?", Jason smirked next to Beca, Tom and Jesse, "Did you hear about the whole entrance thing they're doing?"

"What are you talking about?", Beca furrowed her eyebrows at her co-captain watching him laugh again.

"They're going to come out one at a time so that none of us are distracted enough to not look at them"