Chapter 29

Chloe was twisting the combination to her locker the following Monday, the sound of students rushing past her in the hallway could be heard behind her as she faced away from everyone. Opening the door, she furrowed her eyebrows when a piece of folded up paper fell to her feet from inside. When the redhead picked up the paper from the floor and opened it up to read it, a smile immediately spread across her face.

"Friday? Pick you up at 8"

Suddenly, two hands appeared from nowhere, trapping her against her locker as she felt the front of this mystery person press against her back. "What do you say princess?", the soft whisper of Beca's voice against her neck sent shivers down Chloe's back as she closed her eyes and held the paper close to her chest, enjoying the feeling of Beca being this close.

Finally, turning around so her back was now against her locker and she could look into the deep blue oceans that she was growing more fond of by the day, Chloe bit down on her lip. "What would I be saying yes to exactly?", she noticed the way Beca's eyes flicked down to her lip, knowing that she was teasing the brunette now when her soccer captain stepped forward to be closer again.

"To our first date", the brunette watched her favourite smile grow even wider when she spoke.

"Have we not already been on a couple of dates? At the pier and the diner?", Chloe raised an eyebrow while moving her arms up to wrap around Beca's neck.

"Well this will be our first official date", Beca winked as she moved her hands down to rest on the cheerleader's waist, rubbing small circles with her thumbs. "You telling me you've got plans with someone else Friday night?"

"Never, I'm all yours Mitchell", Chloe didn't miss the hooded look that cast over Beca's eyes as she said her surname. "Do I get to know what we are doing?", she then noticed the stares and whispering that was happening behind Beca, from her fellow classmates.

"It's a surprise but dress casual and don't eat beforehand", the sound of the bell ringing around them made Beca growl quietly. The grip on Chloe's waist grew tighter as she pressed forward to lean her forehead against her beautiful redhead. "I want you to myself"

"Well, you have me now so what's stopping you?", Chloe giggled a little at the brunette as she pushed her head back up so their noses softly brushed against each other. Neither girl tore their eyes away from the others lips as they leaned forward.

Beca mumbled quietly as she got closer to kissing the redhead, "Because it's only a matter of time before-"

"Break it up lovebirds!", Stacie's voice interrupted them both. Chloe pulled away and looked over to see Stacie, Sophie, Aubrey and Jess walking towards them, all smirking and shaking their heads at the couple.

"Conrad! Why don't you make yourself useful and keep walking", Beca groaned when Chloe moved completely away from her to quickly grab her books from the locker, slamming it shut and slinging her bag back over her shoulder.

"Bite me Mitchell, you forget who you're talking to sometimes", Stacie winked as she grabbed a hold of Beca's arm, dragging the girl down the hallway as the others followed behind with Chloe. "I see you two are together now?", she smirked while letting go of Beca's arm when she knew the brunette wouldn't run away.

"Yeah, I'm taking her out Friday", Beca pulled on the strap of her backpack as they got to homeroom, trying to eavesdrop on the conversation going on behind her when she heard whispering and giggling coming from the cheerleaders.

Walking into the classroom, the two best friends immediately made their way to their desks at the back of the room, while the other girls took their place at the front. "Have you told Tom?", Stacie spoke up again when the two of them had sat down, ignoring the annoying voice of Mr Jones who had started the register.