Chapter 28

"Becs", the soccer captain turned around to see Stacie waving, standing next to Aubrey and Jessica. As she made her way over to the bleachers that were slowly filling up for the game, she couldn't help but feel her heart ache at the sight of a missing cheerleader.

"Hey, I didn't think you would be here today", Beca crossed her arms as she stood in front of the three girls now. "What uh.. Where's.."

"We asked if she wanted to come but apparently she's still angry at you from last night", Jessica interrupted the brunette, already knowing what she was going to ask.

"Oh, right", she looked to the floor, awkwardly.

"This is why I tell you to stay away from my cheerleaders Mitchell", Aubrey rolled her eyes now as she spoke up for the first time.

Stacie linked her arm through the cheer captain, moving to lead them up the steps to their seats, "Anyway, she said that she is still coming to Amy's birthday tonight so I'm sure you can speak to her then"

"Yeah alright, I better go so", Beca pointed her thumb behind her to the field, "Wish me luck?"

"Good luck Beca"

"Good luck Mitchell"

All three of them wished her luck before they climbed the steps of the bleachers to their seats. The soccer star then turned around to walk back to the field where the game was about to start, "It doesn't feel the same as when she says it"

"Ready to go?", Coach slapped his hand down on Beca's shoulder as she made her way back to the team. "You've got a scout here today to watch you", he whispered down so that only her could hear him speaking.

...

Friday night, Beca had pulled up outside of Stacie's house where everyone was meeting before then getting a taxi down to the bar. Throwing her keys into the air and then catching them, Beca seemed to be in a better mood after her game earlier on. Winning once again meant that Barden could seal their place in the playoffs with just one more win next week. She reached the door and tapped it light with her fist, smiling already at the sound of music coming from inside.

Beca smiled up at her best friend who was holding a red solo cup in her hand, leaning against the door, "Hey it's Beca!", her words coming out slightly slurred. The soccer star laughed as she got pulled into the house by her hand.

"You started drinking without me?", Beca put a hand over her heart as the two of them walked into Stacie's kitchen. Looking over to her other two best friends she quickly caught the beer that had been slid across the marble breakfast bar in her direction.

"We've only had one but you need to catch up because the taxi is on it's way", Fat Amy finished her own drink now. She took out her phone, switching it to the front camera as she'd check her appearance and the birthday sash that was wrapped around her body.

As if she could read the thoughts of her best friend, Stacie placed her hand on top of Beca's shoulder, leaning down to whisper as she rested most of her body weight against the brunette to stay upright. "She's meeting us there with Sophie, something happened with her Dad and she's running late"

Beca placed her arm round the taller girl's waist to stop her from falling over. "There is no way you've only had one drink", the both of them laughed, "What's happened with her-"

"It's here!", Jesse called from the front door and immediately Beca was being dragged once again by Stacie this time outside and into the car.

After a short taxi drive down to the karaoke bar, Beca rolled her eyes when Stacie flirted with the doorman. She had to pull her best friend away from the older guy and into the bar that was filling up quickly. Thankfully, Fat Amy had called ahead and reserved a booth towards the back of the bar where it was a little quieter.