Chapter 34

At the end of another week, Chloe had dragged Beca out to a party the night before her first playoff game. After hours of not budging from her decision to stay at home, even resisting the pleading and begging from her friends and brother, Beca stood her ground. However, as soon as Chloe promised a "Night to remember" both tonight and tomorrow after her game, Beca jolted up from her bed and got changed to go out.

"You're so easily persuaded", Chloe rolled her eyes laughing as the couple stood in Jason's kitchen now. She giggled when Beca shook her head while the soccer captain sipped from her root beer, trying to stay away from alcohol at least tonight. "What?"

"It's only you who could persuade me", Beca winked as she stepped closer, pressing Chloe further back against the counter while her hand moved to rest on her waist. "And with what you offered, how could I have said no?", she smiled when Chloe moved to link her arms around her neck.

"I love you", the cheerleader couldn't wipe the smile from her face when her eyes continued to flick between Beca's eyes and lips as the brunette leaned closer.

"Not as much as I love you", Beca kissed her softly, their lips slowly moving against each other in a passionate searing kiss. Just as Beca's tongue swiped across her girlfriend's bottom lip, silently asking for further access she froze on the spot.

"Can you guys not go ten minutes without being all over each other?", Stacie smirked as she joined the couple now.

"Conrad, why don't you go and be jealous somewhere else, hm?", Beca pulled back a little and sighed when Chloe pushed her back fully to create space between them as Sophie also joined them.

"What are we talking about?", Sophie smiled around the group, before noticing Beca glaring at her best friend. "Why are you looking at Stacie like that?"

"Because I broke up her little makeout session with Chloe", the tall cheerleader smiled again at Beca rolling her eyes before grabbing a hold of the redhead's hand, "But you", she pointed at her best friend again, "Need to share her with her friends"

"Let's go dance", Sophie spoke up now as she then held Beca's hand and dragged her to the other room, following Stacie and Chloe who happily skipped through the kitchen, laughing.

"I really don't want to dance, Soph", Beca pulled back on the blonde's hand so she'd turn around to face her. "I'm gonna go find Jason and the boys to make sure they aren't drinking but I'll come back later to find you", she smiled before walking away to find her team.

...

Later on that night, Beca was sat with some of her teammates in another room separate to the main living space, where everyone else was still partying. The team had been laughing and joking about previous away day trips as well as talking about the upcoming playoff game tomorrow against Davidson High School. "How the hell are we meant to beat Davidson tomorrow, did you see the way they played against Jefferson?"

"Yeah well, we beat Jefferson and since when do you get nervous King?", Beca laughed at Jason who just crossed his arms as the rest of the team joined in with their captain.

"I'm not nervous I just-"

"Hey! I found them!", Stacie shouted over her shoulder as she opened the door wider and a group of cheerleaders including Sophie, Aubrey, Jessica and Chloe all strutted in.

"You know, we were having a nice quiet time without any distractions", Beca smirked up at her best friend before her focus quickly switched to Chloe who had her arms crossed while standing directly in front of her.

Trying to keep a straight face and noticing Beca laughing a little as she felt herself sway slightly from the amount of alcohol she had already, Chloe kept her stare focused on her girlfriend. "So I'm just a distraction now, huh?"