Chapter 23

At practice later on the same day, Beca was running through some conditioning drills with the team. Feeling the sweat run down her face, she bent over and rested her elbows on her knees as she tried to get her breath back after running suicides. "Rest for two minutes before we go again", Coach called out to the team before walking back over to the bench, looking down at the clipboard in his hands.

"Fuck!", Jason fell to the ground, lying on his back as he'd look up to the sky. His chest was heaving as he breathed heavily, wiping his arm across his forehead. "Who pissed him off this morning? I'm going to kill whoever it was", his arm dropped back down to the grass as Beca started to laugh at him.

"Stop being so dramatic", she bent down and hit her hand across his chest before walking over to the bleachers where her gym bag was sat. As the soccer captain bent down to grab her water bottle, she noticed a shadow cast over her from the seats above.

Looking up now she'd be met with a blonde cheerleader, her arms crossed with an eyebrow raised at her. "What was that all about at lunch?", she tapped her foot, clearly annoyed at the smirking brunette who was sipping her water now.

"I don't remember hearing any complaints from you at the time?", Beca winked, watching her roll her eyes this time. Her expression instantly changed when Sophie leaned forward, grabbed the shirt of her jersey and pulled her forward so she stood a lot closer than before. "You made it pretty clear the other day during third period that you weren't interested in me anymore and now all of a sudden we're making plans again?"

"Alright, alright", Beca stepped back a tiny bit, looking over her shoulder to see the team starting to round up again. "Look, I told you about me and Chloe but Tom found out and I need to just", she sighed, glancing over as she'd spot the group of cheerleaders walking out onto the field now, "I just need to keep my distance for a little bit"

"I need to talk to you about something", Sophie squeezed Beca's arm once more as the two of them stepped back down onto the grass. The soccer star dropped her bottle down so it landed in her gym bag, just as the girls walked past.

"What have I told you about talking to my cheerleaders, Mitchell?", Beca rolled her eyes at the sound of Aubrey's voice, not bothering to look over.

Before she could even think of a quick comeback, Sophie spoke up. "It's alright Bree, I was just making sure Beca knew I was seeing her after practice", the cheerleader winked at Beca, letting go of her arm as she'd join the rest of girls now.

"Yeah, I'll wait for you at my car", the brunette quickly glanced over at Chloe, noticing the quick look away from the redhead.

...

"That was definitely needed after the week I've had", Beca smirked, her breathing still a little heavy as she wrapped her arm around Sophie's naked body that was curled up against her now.

Sophie looked up at the brunette, running her hand through Beca's hair as she winked. "Are you just using me to relieve your stress?", she leaned down to connect their lips again, the feel of Beca's grip on her waist tightening as the soccer star pushed her back down while climbing to hover above the cheerleader.

"Are you complaining?", she whispered softly against the blonde's lips before trailing kisses across the girl's jawline and down to her neck. "Do you want me to stop?", she continued making a pathway with her mouth as she kissed down her chest, between her breasts that she had started to squeeze and tug with her hands again. "Just tell me to stop, Soph-"

"Okay stop", Sophie had started to pant again as she watched Beca lift her head once more to rest her chin against her stomach, an eyebrow raised in disbelief.