Chapter 4

The next day, after school, Chloe would be in the girls changing rooms getting ready for cheer tryouts. She could feel a little bit of nervousness but mostly excitable butterflies in her stomach as she'd tie her hair up into a high ponytail, before closing the locker and walking out onto the massive school field. As she was walking over to the group of girls that were placed by the bleachers and alongside the running track, the redhead would take the opportunity to let her gaze wander across the field at the different activities taking place.

Chloe could see in the far distance, the football team running through passing and running routes, just making out Tom in a red bib, different to everyone else, which Chloe guessed was because he was the quarterback. Just as she'd be close enough to see the amount of girls that had turned up for tryouts, she heard shouting coming from the soccer field placed next to the running track.

"Good shot Mitchell, keep it up", the soccer head coach had shouted from the sidelines, watching his team.

Chloe would snap her head round quickly to see what the shouting was about, her eyes immediately locking on the smaller brunette who was jogging back to her starting position. She hadn't seen Beca at all since their encounter the day before, but she couldn't deny that the girl had been on her mind ever since then. The redhead would absentmindedly chew on her bottom lip as she'd think back to how close their bodies were, remembering the light smell of nicotine but how she didn't care because she was so tempted to kiss her.

"Chloe?", the sound of Aubrey's voice calling her name brought Chloe out of the daydream she was having, causing her to quickly jog over to the large group of girls. "Okay girls, so obviously there is a lot of you here for tryouts but I'm not gonna sugarcoat it, a lot of you won't get in", the taller blonde had her arms crossed, her eyes glancing over each scared and nervous girl that stood before her. "We're going to run some high intensity warm-up and practice drills before looking at stunts and tumbling", she'd clap her hands before moving away into the more open-spaced part of the field.

Chloe could feel her own nerves start to increase more and more as she'd tentivealy move her way into a space in front of Aubrey.

...

Beca was sat along one of the benches, a towel sat across her shoulders as she'd gulp down some of her Gatorade. The brunette would look out to watch the team playing and practising in front of her, nodding as she'd be impressed by the high standard this year at tryouts.

"Nice goal, Becs", Jesse climbed over to sit down next to Beca, slapping his hand on top of her shoulder to congratulate her.

"Thanks Jess, it looks like we're gonna have an awesome team this year", she'd use the towel to wipe some sweat off her forehead, sitting up straighter now to talk to him.

"You think we could make it to state?", he'd ask excitedly.

"Anything could happen", she'd mumble before hearing a whistle be blown and then shouting coming from next to her. Moving to look over her shoulder she'd spot Aubrey starting the warm-up for the cheerleaders. "I see Posen has got her army boot camp training underway", she'd smirk.

"Yeah, it looks like there's loads of girls trying out this year for the team", Jesse would look over to follow her, spotting Chloe towards the back of the group. "And it looks like Chloe made it to tryouts too", he'd point his finger at the girl now.

Beca allowed her eyes to gaze over the redhead's body now as she'd start to stretch. Her eyes would widen slightly as she'd notice how flexible the girl was, feeling her stomach start to knot and her mind start to fill with dirty thoughts. Next to Chloe she'd spot Jasmine, staring back at her with lust-filled eyes, the same look that she was getting around an hour ago in the janitor's closet.