Chapter 25

"Why the fuck do you want to come to the beach in the middle of Novemeber?", Beca smirked as she rested her hand on the top of the steering wheel while turning to the side so she could see Chloe.

Chloe rolled her eyes and looked over at the brunette, "I just wanted to get away from everything, where no one knows us". She shrugged and looked away for a second before speaking again, "Is that alright?"

"Sounds perfect to me", Beca smiled before reaching into the back of her car behind Chloe's seat where her jumper was sat on the floor. "Here you go", she handed the jumper to the redhead, not missing the massive grin on Chloe's face as she then moved to climb out of her car.

Chloe quickly pulled the jumper on, smiling as the instant scent of Beca hit her before opening her door and stepping out of the car, meeting Beca in front. "This place is so pretty", she looked over towards the long pier that was lit up in lights and had a small number of couples walking across the wooden pier.

"Come on, let's check it out", the soccer star took hold of Chloe's hand, trying to hold back the smile she felt when the redhead shifted slightly to intertwine their fingers together so she could walk closer. "You been here before?", the butterflies in her stomach caused Beca to keep her eyes focused on the pier in the short distance rather than Chloe.

The cheerleader shook her head while walking down the small gravel pathway that led to the beautiful pier. "I bet it gets really busy in summer", she looked out onto the horizon, noticing the sun starting to set now after they had been driving for an hour to get to this place.

"Yeah, we normally come down a lot in summer for beach parties or Stacie drags us to the small fair thing that they set up over there", she took her hand out of her jeans pocket to point to a large open space further along from the pier that they had started to walk down now. "As soon as Stacie tells us it's in town, nothing will stop Fat Amy from getting me to drive us down here just so she can have their funnel cake, which is apparently the best", the two of them leaning against the wooden railing.

"The best funnel cake, huh? I'm going to have to try this out", Chloe smiled as she glanced over at Beca, her grin growing even wider when they locked eyes as she could see the brunette smile back.

"It's a date", the soccer star winked, smiling more when she heard Chloe giggle and look away, the blush clearly growing up her neck to her cheeks. For the next few minutes, the two girls continued to watch the sun set slowly in front of them, the only noise that surrounded them was the crashing of the waves from below or the small mumble of conversation from the other people that walked past.

Eventually, tired of standing and leaning against the railing, Beca led the cheerleader over to a bench that still had a view of the sunset. Sitting down, Beca placed her arm to rest across the top of the bench, behind Chloe which seemed to make the redhead move closer so she was leaning into her side. "This is nice", Chloe mumbled softly as she rested her head back on Beca's shoulder, the feeling of the soccer star's fingers softly running up and down her arm made her eyes begin to close.

"What do you mean?", Beca rested her chin on top of Chloe's head, the strawberry scent of the redhead filling her nostrils and instantly relaxing her.

"Just being away from school and friends and everything", she sighed calmly, opening her eyes again to take in the scenic view.

"How are you feeling about everything that's happened?", Beca knew she had to tread lightly around this topic, not wanting to push the redhead to talk in case it upset her.

"I never should have been with Tom in the beginning, I only did it because...", the cheerleader started to play with the drawstring of Beca's hoodie.