Chapter 20

Just a few hours later, Beca was standing in her kitchen, surrounded by cases, crates and kegs of beers as well as a table full of different spirits and mixes for people to make their own drinks. Her team were amongst the first to arrive along with their dates and they were all currently talking and celebrating the emphatic 7-2 win against Columbus. After another round of cheers and wishing Jesse a happy birthday, the large group of guys moved out of the kitchen and made their way to either the front room where music was playing or to the garden where the fire pit and more chilled out space was waiting.

"There they are, the superstars", Stacie walked in with Fat Amy closely following behind as she made her way over to Jesse and Beca that were both nursing a bottle of beer, smiling. The taller brunette pulled both of them into a group hug, holding her own bottle of spirit in her hand along with a smaller gift bag. "Oh my god, that game was amazing!", she excitedly shouted over the music as she pulled away. "Oh, here you go Jesse, happy birthday", she smiled.

"That's from me and legs here", Fat Amy nodded her head in the direction of the leggy cheerleader.

"Thanks guys, you didn't have to get me anything though", he smirked and glanced into the bag seeing a wrapped gift. "Beca, didn't get me anything", he nudged his captain who was currently finishing off her second beer of the night.

"I didn't realise we had to get presents", Beca shrugged her shoulders while reaching down to the ice bucket to grab another bottle, twisting the cap off and throwing it to the open bin.

Stacie smirked and rolled her eyes as she made herself and Fat Amy a drink, "You didn't realise you had to get him a present... on his birthday", she raised an eyebrow at her best friend.

"Whatever, I'll get him something better than whatever you've bought him", she pointed at the small bag before taking another sip of her drink, leaning back on the kitchen counter as she listened to the party start to get louder as more people would be arriving.

"No way, our present is awesome", Fat Amy put her hands on her hips.

"Oh yeah?", Beca smirked, "How does a kiss from General Posen sound Jess?", she patted the boy on the back, all three of them laughing at their friend as he seemed to choke and spit out some of his beer.

"W-What?", he looked round his group of friends before settling his stare on Beca.

"You heard me", she shrugged her shoulder, taking a sip from her beer for a dramatic pause, noticing Stacie roll her eyes again, "I'll make sure you get a birthday kiss from Posen at some point tonight"

Stacie watched and let her eyes rake up and down the group of boys that had entered the  kitchen, carrying their own drinks to place down somewhere in the space. "I'll believe it when I see it"

Beca smiled against the bottle she held to her lips as she tipped her head back to finish her drink again. "Woah, Beca.. look", Jesse nudged and whispered down into the smaller brunette's ear before nodding his head over to the door of the kitchen, stunned.

The soccer star followed his eye line and felt time stand still as she spotted Chloe. The redhead seemed to be moving in slow motion as Beca let her eyes move from the top to the bottom of her outfit. She gulped and let her tongue flick out to wet her lips that suddenly felt dry as she took in the knee high black boots, short mini skirt and long-sleeved, tight fitted black sweater that was tucked in to show off her perfect figure. The way Chloe flicked her straight red hair over her shoulder and her smile beamed right at her as the cheerleader made her way over to them, Beca didn't know how she was going to get through tonight.

 The way Chloe flicked her straight red hair over her shoulder and her smile beamed right at her as the cheerleader made her way over to them, Beca didn't know how she was going to get through tonight