Chapter 24

Is everything ok?

Call me as soon as you can.

Puifai answer me.

The name was familiar. He strained his memory. Who was Puifai?

His memory worked fast and hard.

Gulf gasped holding his mouth when he realized who Puifai was.

Puifai from High school.

The girl who went away because of Mew.

Why is Eyie Puifai?

How can that be?

He had found her familiar yes but...

He looked up at the picture frames in the house and he saw it. That face from years ago was still lingering on her new touched face. Her nose and chin were different but her eyes and cheekbones gave it away. It was her. It was Puifai. How had he not noticed it?

Why was she here though?

He tried to open the phone but didn't work because of the face app. He tried to guess the password it didn't open.

He was shaking in panic.

He remembered how strange Puifai had been. He had tried to make friends with her to which he failed. She was straight up scary. How did she manage to fool him and everyone? How did she become almost someone new? It was disconcerting for Gulf. He didn't know what to do with the phone.

He heard the door open and he put the phone back. He knew she would come back for the phone. She didn't say anything as she looked for her phone. As soon as she found it, she left the house again.

Gulf let out a breath he didn't know he was holding. This was insane.

He took out his phone and texted his parents that he couldn't come as planned.

He called Mew.

"p"

"hey my love"

Gulf felt tingles all over his body. He blushed.

But he remembered why he called.

"p' are you back. I've discovered something outrageous and I need to talk to you" he said feeling panicked and Mew picked on Gulf's stressed out voice.

"firstly, are you ok? Are you hurt?"

Gulf smiled. He lowly muttered, "I'm ok p' I just have something to tell you."

"do you want me to come and pick you up?" Mew offered.

"no I'll come there p' I don't want to be here anymore"

"ok, I'll be waiting for you at home, see you soon my love."

Gulf ended the call. He was torn between swooning from the call or feel scared of being in the house.

He changed his clothes and took his keys and left.

He was welcomed when he got to the Jong's residence. He went directly to Mew's room and when he got there, he heard voices coming out of Mew's room. He knocked on the door and Mild opened it

He was momentarily shocked at seeing Mild again.

Mild opened the door wide and let Gulf inside the room.

"you are here," Mew said as he approached Gulf. He embraced him and squeezed him softly.

"I missed you," he whispered in Gulf's ear to which Gulf only smiled shyly.