Chapter 15

"I asked for some time alone, tonight didn't I? Just let me be for tonight, OK?" he burst out.

Perplexed by the outburst, Eyie resigned with a look that said suit yourself. She had never seen this side of Gulf before and she didn't like it. She went back to the kitchen and continued to prepare dinner as if nothing happened. She was not someone to get sad easily.

Gulf went to the bedroom and went straight to the shower. He was worried and it was driving him insane. He had seen Mew in the afternoon, how tense he became. He saw his temple veins coming out which indicated something was going on. He had seen it once when he came to school with his hand hurt. But this time, it was different. His eyes had turned red and his face was becoming red as well. He had seen it all. He thought maybe he was angry at him for meeting him at the restaurant. He didn't know he was not feeling well.

Gulf regretted his reaction of that night to his girlfriend the following morning when she suddenly mentioned moving their wedding dates.

"what's the rush? Didn't we schedule it to 3 months from now?"

"I already talked to your parents and they agreed on the last weekend of this month"

This was not what Gulf wanted to hear in the morning as he was preparing for work.

"you talked to my parents first before telling me?"

"what's the big deal, this month or three months later we are still getting married so why are you bothered by the dates?" she asked in a nonchalant voice.

"I'm bothered by the fact that you talked to my parents first before discussing this matter with me."

"well you always say yes to everything that I say,"

"Eyie" Gulf said in a ticked off voice.

"are you not interested in marrying me anymore?"

"Eyie, planning a wedding is not something that we can do in a month. What happened to taking things slow?" he was trying to make her see reason. But that was not something she wanted to see right now.

"well my parents can do the planning, they also agreed."

"what?"

"I just talked to them and they said they can do it."

"let's talk about this when I get back from work," Gulf shook his head and grabbed his car keys and left the apartment. When he got to the elevator, he could already feel a headache coming. What would his in-laws say? That he was not capable of planning his own wedding?He had more important things to worry about at this juncture and Eyie was not making anything easy.

Mew woke up to a phone call from his father. He called him to come to the house so they can discuss several things. He always felt emotionally drained after having an episode. What happened yesterday proved how much he can't handle being in the same vicinity with Gulf. When he was in the US, anything Gulf related had triggered him, what more seeing Gulf in person. Of course it would become bad. He was supposed to know this.

When Mew and Mild got to the house, Mr Jong asked for Mew to discuss the date of his inauguration.

"it has to be in two weeks" his father stated weakly.

"pa, I'm still settling. I need much more time than that."

"I'll add one more week" he retorted,

"pa,"

"I had a lot of things scheduled that cannot be pushed aside any longer. Some matters should be handled by the CEO and you cannot do them without your title as the CEO," he finished with a cough. Mew felt sad at how much his father was suffering.