Chapter 12

"Please excuse us," Gulf said as he grabbed his fiancé's hand and they walked away.

Mew was left still standing there. He didn't know how to feel. He thought he had left everything behind, but man was he wrong. He tried to act as normal as he could, but he could hear Gulf's last words echoing in his ear.

He had to fight it.

"I want to go back home. How about we go and come back tomorrow. I'm kinda tired and hungry." He said to Mild trying his best not to lose his cool.

When Mild saw Mew sweating and his eyes losing focus that's when he knew something was wrong. He knew those signs. He knew them too well. Mew was relapsing and he suspected the other man that just left triggered him because Mew used to show those signs around people like him. There were certain people who triggered him, but he thought Mew was past that stage.

Mild guided Mew back to the changing room and helped him get dressed back in this clothes, they left as soon as they could.

Gulf wanted to ignore what just happened, but he couldn't. So many emotions were flowing in him, he didn't know what to do. He was glad, relieved, angry, confused and guilty. He was just feeling a lot. When they got home, Gulf went straight to their bedroom bathroom to have a shower.

He stood under the shower and he couldn't tell whether he was crying or not.

He started analysing why he was feeling all those feelings.

He was glad and relieved that Mew was alive, considering the last time he saw him, he was unconscious. He had gone to the hospital the next day, but he couldn't see him. He had tried to get any news of Mew but it was confidential since he was a VIP. He had gone straight to Mew's house, but he couldn't see him and no one told him anything. Mew did not come to school after that. He had imagined scary scenarios in his head.

His chest constricted.

He was angry. Angry because he had suffered so much. He had worked hard to get to where he was. With Mew missing, he became depressed and missed classes. He wouldn't get up from bed or leave his room. Everything seemed pointless. Living seemed pointless. He hadn't wanted to continue with school. The only day he had gone to school, whenever he looked back, he would expect to see Mew staring at him but would get disappointed every time he realized Mew was not there anymore. It broke him when he realized, he was the cause of Mew's absence. What had shocked even more was how he came first place in the midterms even though he hadn't attended classes. He had talked to Mrs Jeed and she told him about the conversation she had with Mew. He didn't know how to feel. It took him his mother falling sick for him to get a grasp of reality and get back on track.

He was angry because Mew looked good. He looked like someone who had lived a good life. He didn't even bother to find him for fourteen years. He was in the country and he never bothered to look for him. Mew would have found him if he had tried. He hadn't moved from his house and he managed to finish school at Rockridge. He had waited for him.

He sobbed.

He was confused. He looked down at his penis. Why had he reacted like that? Mew did not only look good, he looked too good. Hell, he looked sexy. When he saw his naked chest, the six pack, he could feel himself reacting again.

"noooooo" he lamented. This was not it. But their last day together was all he could think of.

He turned the water to cold. He couldn't get the image out of his head. Mew's eyes staring at him. It took him back to that time when he was the only one Mew could see. He had missed that feeling of being special, of being needed, the feeling of being someone's world. He missed it.

Even though he had all these feelings, he couldn't do anything because everything was washed away by the heavy feeling of guilt. He couldn't blame Mew for not wanting anything to do with him because he had called him a monster. The last words that Mew heard from him was him calling Mew a monster.

"honey, are you ok? You've been in there for a while now" Gulf's fiancé, Eyie knocked on the door.

Gulf cleared his throat, "Give me a few minutes I'm almost done."

When he went to bed that night his head was pounding from thinking too much and crying in the shower.

Mew on the other hand was no better. He had gotten home and took his medicine to calm down. He meditated and went to bed early. He could feel all the suppressed emotions trying to burst out but he had to try. He was soon to be a CEO. He was much more than that. He had recovered. He tried to sleep but he just couldn't do it.

He got up and went to Mild's bedroom.

"are you sleeping?" Mew asked peeking through the door holding his pillow.

"yes,"

Mew forced a laugh.

"why, can't sleep?" Mild asked.

"yes,"

"is it because of the guy from earlier?"

"can we not talk about it."

"I think it's time I know about this person. Mew. I've been your friend for 14 years and I've been there for you, I think it's about time you tell me so that I understand, so that I can take care of you better, so that I know how to protect you."

"it's a long story,"

"I'm not going anywhere, and we have all night. Wanna snuggle?" Mild asked opening his blanket.

Mild was not confused by how soft and mellow Mew. At first Mew couldn't open up and was always cold to him and it took a long time for him to accept Mild. He admitted he needed someone to be there for him as he was having a rough time. They were in a foreign land, and they spoke the same language so that helped them get closer. All his walls had gone down around Mild. Mild was perfect for him at that time. His energy was what Mew needed to pull through during the difficult times. Mew did try to make other friends but Mild was the one for him. Only Mild could talk to him and touch him and sleep in the same bed without it meaning anything. Or so he thought.

They got comfortable in bed.

"can I hold you?" Mew asked,

"you sure you don't want me to hold you?"

"I think I'll cry less if I'm holding you."

Mild looked away and Mew spooned him holding him in arms. It was warm and comfortable for both men.

"I just want to say please don't run away after you hear my story. I cant handle you leaving me right now" Mew said smelling Mild's hair.

Mild only nodded. Mew opened up that night about everything. He didn't spare any details. He admitted his faults and pointed out where he was wronged. He explained how he saw the world and pointed out other people's point of view. Even though they had been friends for too long, he still narrated all the years they were together as if he was telling a stranger. He enlightened Mild about his strange behavior growing up. He poured out his struggles and road to recovery. After he was done, Mild turned around to face Mew with eyes red from crying.

"why are you crying?" Mew asked Mild.

"can I hold you now?" Mild asked in a small voice. Mew looked at him and was somehow reminded of the last day he spent with Gulf. It didn't help that he had seen Gulf that afternoon. He felt it was too much. He was overwhelmed. He felt tears welling in his eyes.

He looked at Mild and held his cheek. He looked at Mild's lips. He wanted to go back to that day. The last day with Gulf. He looked into Mild's eyes. He inched closer. He closed his eyes and tears fell. He slowly closed the space between them and they shared a soft and warm kiss.

A kiss of comfort.

Mew deepened the kiss and he was still crying. He moved to go on top of Mild. He was reminded a lot about that day. It was the only time in his life that he was intimate with someone. However, he was growing frustrated. He couldn't get what he was looking for. The feeling he was chasing was nowhere to be found and he sobbed on Mild's lips.