Chapter 21

"Good job, good job and thank you for coming back to me" he kissed Mew's forehead and his tears fell on Mew's face.

He kept on praising Mew for waking up and the doctors came with Mild, who then accompanied Eyie out of the room so that there was enough space for the doctors.

"Can you please excuse us Mr Kanawut?" Dr Fei asked urgently.

Gulf nodded and turned to Mew and whispered,

"alright p' the doctors need to check on you, you have to let go now."

Mew wouldn't let go. "he wont let go doc, can I just hold him and sit here whilst you check on him," the other doctors and nurses in the room smiled at this. It was uncommon.

The doctors had to check Mew's pulses and eyes whist Gulf was there holding Mew's hand.

"he has recovered a lot. He will open his eyes soon. It's a defense mechanism from the brain, he is still not ready to face the world although he is now conscious. You have worked hard gentlemen."

"you too, thank you doctors" Mild and Gulf expressed their gratitude.

"can I have a word with you Mr Suttinut," the doctor said on his way out referring to Mild.

Gulf was left with Mew. He was happy. He kissed the back of Mew's hand and tears wouldn't stop coming out.

"I don't know why I always end up crying in front of you," he wiped away the tears.

"thank you p'Mew for waking up, I'm really glad you've fought this hard but its not over yet, you have to open your eyes, you have to open your eyes and see me. I want to see your eyes so bad." Gulf went quiet. He kissed the hand again, "I missed you so much. I waited for you, I thought you were going to come back in a year or two or even five. I waited for you for about ten and I lost hope after that. That night..." he swallowed a sob.

Gulf took a deep breath so he wouldn't cry out loud.

"that night I was so hurt and confused and I didn't mean to say what I said to you. I heard everything from p' Mild. I'm sorry p I'm really sorry I made you this way."

He couldn't keep it inside anymore. Gulf sobbed holding Mew's hand to his face. He felt something on his head. Like something moving in his hair. He looked up and saw Mew looking at him weakly stroking his hair.

"I told you I don't like to see you cry. I can't stand it" Mew said in a weak croaked voice.

Gulf hugged Mew with delightfulness. He couldn't resist it. He placed a kiss on Mew's cracked lips. That's how Mild came in and found the two. He looked away and cleared his throat. It was disturbing for him to watch. Gulf moved back to his chair and wouldn't stop smiling with tears running down his cheeks.

"thanks for waking up MJ. You had me worried man, don't do that again."

Mew hesitantly smiled. Something was weighing on his mind. The reaction Mild gave him when he was about to faint was unsettling. Mild wouldn't do that to him. He came out with a thousand excuses for that reaction in his mind. He looked at Mild one last time and looked away.

Mew's mother and sister came to see him. They shed tears together as a family whilst Mild and Gulf were waiting outside the room. It was a moment they needed as a family. No matter how distant you can be from your family, blood is still blood. Mew was hurt that his father had passed away.

Mew went through more tests and the doctors declared him safe to leave the hospital Thursday night. Gulf was with him the entire time. Mew didn't want to let go. His 'Gulf' anxiety attacks had vanished miraculously. The doctor was right. Gulf was the only person who could make Mew better again.