Chapter 10

"Can't relate," they both laughed at the joke.

He had to admit, they had used a lot of energy.

"ok let me go get you some food." He kissed Gulf on the lips and left the room.

When Mew left the room, he went straight to the kitchen but on his way back he met his father coming back from work and he greeted him.

"where are you going with all that food?" the tray he was holding was full.

"to my room," he answered.

"do you have friends over?" his father inquired.

"yes, I do," he confirmed.

"this late?" his father asked, "how are they going back home?"

"He is not going back home. " Mew used a firm protective tone that raised his father's eyebrow.

"what do you mean he is not going home? Did you talk to his parents?"

In his mind, Mew suddenly saw Gulf's father slapping Gulf and he vehemently shook his head.

"no, he is not going back home. He is staying here!"

His father was taken aback. "What's the meaning of that?"

"he is going to live here with me"

"are we talking about a pet or a human?"

Mew looked at his father like he was crazy. This was not a time for jokes.

"did he run away from home?"

"no,"

"so?"

"He is going to stay here with me. He is not going back, and he doesn't want to go back because his father told him not to come back"

Now this was ridiculous to Mr Jong's ears.

"is this young man's name Gulf by chance?"

"pa how do you know Gulf?"

"I thought they were just stories." His father muttered as he rubbed his forehead. He could feel a headache coming. "Do you want to cause another scandal right now?"

"another scandal?" Mew was confused. When did he cause a scandal?

"you think I don't know your dirty little games you've been playing in school? I received a letter from a family, alleging that you caused their daughter to be expelled from school. It said you were bullying others because of a boy named Gulf. The housekeepers and your driver report everything that happen in this house. They also told me that you bullied your friend's pets in the music room. I've tried covering up all your mess son but this time you've gone too far. Do you realize that if his parents report this as kidnapping, you'll be in trouble?"

Mew wanted to retort back but he was not given the chance. His mother came to meet the two because she heard her husband shouting. It had been a while since she heard her husband's angry voice.

"do you realize that this is not normal, that you are not normal?" Mew staggered. How could his father say he was not normal? His father saw the disbelief on Mew's face.

"yes. You obsess over one thing so much and that's not normal. You obsessed over the pendant ever since you were young. It wasn't even yours. You could play with only one toy and you never wanted to share. You have been obsessing over that boy for a long time now. Your driver reports to me daily. There's nothing that I don't know about in this house. How could you even think of poisoning my guest's drink at the age of seven? Who does that? We thought we could change you but clearly you've become worse."