Chapter 5

Mrs Jeed, upon entering the class, couldn't believe what she was seeing.

"where are we supposed to write now ma'am?" Tum asked as he was the owner of one of the desks vandalized.

"do you have an idea where the desktop is?" Mrs Jeed asked Tum.

"no, we don't, we just came in and saw it like this," Tum replied.

"Ok just sit in your chairs, we'll see what we'll do."

Gulf did not talk to Mew that day either, or the following day when they came for school on Wednesday, the chairs had been broken.

"is this some kind of a sick joke?" the kids asked each other.

"is Puifai back? Is she taking revenge on us?" one of the girls asked exasperated by the situation.

At the mention of Puifai's name, Gulf remembered the note he received from the said girl. Was this happening because of him again? He wondered.

He looked at Mew then, and he caught Mew staring at him, but he looked away with a straight face like he was not concerned about what was happening. Could it be he knew the person behind this that's why he didn't show interest when something happened in class?

He went to Mew and sat on Mew's table.

"do you think it has started again?" he asked as if he wasn't sulking at the guy.

Mew just shrugged and looked away. That's how Gulf found himself talking, expressing his concerns on how everyone was going to be tense and Mew was just staring at him wondering what going on in his head. At the end of the conversation, or rather speech, Gulf hesitated before he brought up the game issue.

"so, is there a chance that I can return the game? My dad was kind of mad that I received that as a gift."

"Its non-returnable."

"I'll just accept it then,"

The corner of Mew's lips lifted up and Gulf saw it. He was pleased and the rest of the week went by without any more incidents happening. It was clear as day, but Gulf missed it. He was just naïve in a cute way.

Mew and Gulf went back to being friends and they enjoyed each other's company. Mew would only lighten up when he was with Gulf and Gulf was happy that he could cause such changes in a person. He was surprised by how much Mew became soft when he was around. Mew started smiling more mainly because he found Gulf adorable. The way Gulf talked to Mew was different when he was with other people. The way he laughed made Mew swell with happiness.

However, it wasn't enough anymore.

Looking wasn't enough.

He started being handsy with Gulf. He really felt like it wasn't enough for him just having Gulf standing in front of him, he wanted the physical contact to confirm that he was really there. They would hold hands, or make sure some part of their body was touching. Gulf liked what was happening. Hell, he enjoyed every bit of attention he was receiving from Mew. He basked in it. It felt good.

Tum however was the problem for Mew. He kept on hovering in front of Gulf and Mew was getting agitated by this. It was Friday morning of a somewhat well spent week for everyone except for Mew. He was easily annoyed by everything because of Tum and Gulf came in the classroom with his hand wrapped in white bandage.

Mew immediately stood up and his chair fell down with a bang, everyone looked at him. He was pale as he looked at Gulf who was startled by the sudden movement made by Mew.

He only came to when Mew was dragging him outside. They went to the bathroom and that's when Mew let go of Gulf.

"who did that to your hand?" His voice was shaking. Clearly, he was struggling to keep his anger in check.