Chapter 8

She pointed at Mew's chest, "that's ..."

She was shocked but she didn't want to be rude. She managed to tell Mew that Gulf was in his room not feeling well and directed him there.

When Mew got to Gulf's room, Gulf was sleeping, and he was sweating. He held Gulf's hand and it felt so warm. He touched his forehead to test his temperature and he surely was burning. He took off his blankets to let him cool down.

He sent his driver away and spent the remainder of the day trying to make Gulf comfortable and calm down the fever. He did succeed after arguing with Gulf's mother when she tried to have him go home and after sending a message home that he was sleeping out.

The following morning Gulf was shocked when he woke up snuggled to Mew. He was happy. Mew was right there beside him. He thought it was a dream. He only realized it wasn't when his mother suddenly budged in to see how he was feeling but saw how Gulf and Mew were lying in bed.

"come here right now," she ordered quietly not wanting to wake up Mew. How could he lay down with him? Was Mew shameless or what? She thought as she waited for Gulf to get out of the bed.

As soon as Gulf got out of the room, his mother grabbed him and led him to the kitchen.

"why are you sleeping like that with him?" she asked.

"it's just Mew mae," he replied rubbing his sleepy eyes.

"did you see the pendant he is wearing?"

"No. Should I?"

"he is wearing your pendant Gulf. The one that we lost the day you were born. Why is he wearing it?" his mother's voice was becoming loud and woke up Mew in the other room. Their house was small.

"you must be mistaken."

"I am not. I know the pendant and your father knows it too. It's the same pendant" she tried to convince Gulf.

Gulf could not be convinced. How could she suggest that Mew stole his pendant?

"are you saying he stole it?"

"their family did steal it. We searched for it everywhere, but we couldn't find it. I do remember seeing their family at the hospital that morning," his mother accused.

"how can you accuse them of doing that when you don't even know the full story Mae."

Gulf's mother suddenly became so angry. Gulf was taking their side instead of hers.

"tell him to leave our house right now. I can't stand it and he must leave the pendant behind too"

"Mae," Gulf whined.

"he has to leave right now," she insisted.

"he just slept over taking care of me the whole night and you want him to leave just like that?"

"what if they are rich because they have been stealing from people?" his mother's mind was running wild.

"how can you say that when he is in there Mae," Gulf complained.

Just then Mew came out already dressed ready to leave. He had heard everything. He just looked at the pair and they both looked away embarrassed. He took off the pendant he was wearing and placed it in Gulf's hands.

"I'll leave now that you are feeling ok" Mew looked at Gulf with eyes full of emotions and that was the first time Gulf had seen such look in Mew's eyes. They were communicating something, and it was a short time for Gulf to decipher all the emotions in Mew's eyes.