Chapter 6

The room was soundproof because it was a karaoke, so people could not hear what was going on inside. Well most rooms in the house were soundproof. However, when Mew opened the door to come out, the nanny had a glance of what was going on inside and she gasped. The sounds coming out of the room were scary and she suddenly felt pity for the cat that sounded scared and hurt.

"oh, thank you," Mew said reaching out for the tray of fruits and other appetizing snacks,

The nanny just nodded and left without saying anything. She was scared too. She had witnessed a strange behavior on Mew. One time at the house, there was a family function and influential people were invited to the house. She didn't know why but she had witnessed seven-year-old Mew pour something in the drink of one man at the party and the man went into shock right after drinking it. The ambulance came and got him and thankfully he didn't die. She had witnessed so much weirder behavior by this young man. The first time she tried to talk to the boy's mother, she almost lost her job, but the father was more understanding.

Mew went back to the study room with the snacks and they ate and did their homework. 45 mins into studying he took out his phone and pressed play to a special edited song on his phone.

In the Karaoke room, the cat was hanging on top of the tv screen blood seeping out of its leg running down the huge tv screen. The speakers suddenly went off on maximum volume and it wasn't a song playing. It felt like a stormy New Year's Day. The sound of lightning, thunder and fireworks was blasting through the speakers. The dog that was preying on the cat became the prey too. It couldn't help but try to find somewhere to hide. The noise was too much. He could only go back in his cage. He was having a hard time and almost had a heart attack. The cat was now in phase two of this nightmare. It was close to the speaker when the sound came on, she jumped and fell on the table with a not so graceful landing. She ran into its cage too and that's how both pets spent 30 minutes of torture in the room.

"we are done," Gulf moaned as he was stretching. "I'm so excited to play with the pets, are you excited too P'Mew? Do you think my cat will like your dog?" he asked Tum. He was genuinely excited.

"I'll go put this away and come back to get you guys," Mew said as he took the empty tray of snacks to bring it to the kitchen.

After dropping the tray in the kitchen, he pressed stop on his phone. Whatever was playing had been on repeat. He went inside the room and saw how trashed it was. He didn't bother to look at the pets and he just closed the cages and carried them out to the next room which was a game room.

He went back and took the two guys and brought them to the room with their pets. However, Gulf's excitement died down the moment he saw how scared and hurt his cat was. He went pale when he saw the blood stains of the floor the cage. What happened?

Tum was also disturbed with the condition he found his dog in.

"did someone open their cages, something must've happened to him, he is not always like this" his dog looked alive. It was blinking and breathing but that was it. He panicked. The dog wouldn't come out of the cage. Could it be he left it for too long in the cage? He wondered.

"I think I have to go. He is not looking too good and I'm worried."

"he is just a dog," Mew said with an unbothered tone.

"he is part of my family," Tum replied gritting his teeth.

"psshh," Mew looked away. At the end of the day it's just an animal right. Consumable even. Some people do eat dogs right. He justified himself in his head.

Tum did not appreciate this, so he left with his dog.

"p'Mew its bleeding," Gulf said in a baby voice. He looked up at Mew. The condition of his cat did not please him either. He teared up.

"it'll stop," Mew replied doing all he could not to smile. Gulf was being a baby.

"Who did that to my cat. P' I have to go to the vet."

"I'll drop you off," was Mew's response not seeming concerned at all. He just didn't like the fact that was Gulf was crying. Crying because of a cat. He rolled his eyes in his head.

The day ended with everyone not feeling so great. Mew not only because he was bothered by Gulf's tears but because of dinner that night. They had a family dinner which never really happened often.

"I hear the Music room is thrashed and there was blood on the screen, Mew did you have a fight? You had people over today too?" Mr Jong inquired.

"not my blood," he answered.

"then don't you at least have to explain whose it is?"

Mew remained quiet

"it's almost the end of the midterms are you even studying?" his father asked.

"mhm," immediately something came to Mew's mind. It was almost midterm exams. His thoughts were disturbed by what his father announced next.

"we are having a function on Saturday. The whole family is supposed to be there."

"Pa, but I already made an appointment on Saturday," Mew's sister complained.

"cancel them," ordered the father.

"it is the official opening of Hope Foundation Maternity Ward that was built because of our donation and sponsorship. It was a special request, so everyone be there."

That week went by slowly. No one was enjoying anything. Gulf continued to sulk because of his cat. Mew did not like that. Gulf was cute when he was smiling. Mew thought.

"what's wrong?" Mew had asked Gulf.

"my cat is no longer the same again."

"how?"

"its always sad and not active. " His eyes looked teary.

"is it still scratching you?"

"no,"

"then what's the problem?" he was really curious.

"the doctor said it went through something traumatic and it is depressed."

"better than violence, right?"

"I would rather have it violent p' it was so happy and it made mistake once."

"not good enough reason for me,"

As usual Gulf missed what Mew said and the tone which he had used.

Mew was feeling ticked by what was happening. Somehow that feeling was kind of perfect for what he was about to do next.

He met Mrs Jeed by chance in the empty hallway Wednesday afternoon,

"uhm," he said to get her attention.

"yes Mew," she was desperate for the boy's attention too.

"so, I have something interesting that I heard," he was staring intently at the teacher.

"yes, go ahead," she said.

"so, the person terrorizing the classroom was not Puifai I heard,"

"who said that?" this was not something that she wanted to hear out of the blue.

"I heard the person confessed. He confessed that he wants to come clean to the Principal, but does that mean you'll lose your job for blaming someone innocent and expelling a student without carrying out an investigation?"

Mrs Jeed went pale.