Prologue

AN: The book has been edited.

Gulf's full last name is Traipipattanopong which I shortened to Traipipat and Mew's last name is Jongcheveevat which I also shortened to Jong.

Mr. Jong took out his phone and called his secretary.

"get me Gulf's house address ASAP and call his parents to let them know that we are on our way with their child." He ended the call.

Mew saw red. "paa, what are you doing? You can't send him back. I'll be good. I'll try to be normal father please." He begged.

"it's too late for that," his father's phone chimed and he took a glance.

"tell the boy to get ready, we are leaving in 10 mins. Say your goodbye while we are at it," he advised and left the room.

Mew was left shaking. How could everything blow out of proportion like this. This was not what he had planned. He had to go and see Gulf. He took the stairs to his room and he bumped into Gulf who was standing in the hallway eavesdropping. By the look on Gulf's face, he heard everything. He stopped. After a few seconds, he tried reaching out to touch Gulf but Gulf took some steps back shaking his head.

"how could you p'?"

"Babie I can explain," he was desperate, "let me explain"

"how could you do all those things?"

"I was just looking out for you," he reached out for Gulf again but Gulf dodged his touch. Mew scrunched his face in pain.

"looking out for me by doing all that? I trusted you p' "

"you can trust me love, I was just looking out for you that's all, I was protecting you."

Gulf shook his head. He felt like his world was falling. He felt like he was sinking in a deep unending pit.

"I can't believe I just gave myself to you," Gulf was already regretting their lovemaking session that ended an hour ago.

Mew could feel his heart-shattering in small pieces. "come on love don't do this, you can't mean that. You know I love you right?"

He was trying to reason with Gulf, but Gulf did not see reason. The shy baby Gulf was gone. He looked at Mew with a straight face void of any emotions.

" you are a monster!"

Mew gasped. He felt as if someone had physically punched him.

He was crushed.

He just stared at Gulf.

He couldn't think.

He leaned on the wall for support. He could feel the world tipping. His father had put him on the edge already and Gulf just pushed him over. Gulf's voice started echoing in his head. He was a monster.

When he saw Gulf walking away, his eyes started feeling heavy. He was trying to keep them open, but he couldn't.

Gulf regretted saying those words the moment Mew fell down on the ground with a thud. He anticipated everything but did not fathom Mew fainting. He rushed to call for help and an ambulance was called. He had caused Mew to faint and there was chaos in the house.

Gulf held on to Mew on the floor. He didn't want to let go. He wouldn't let go. He had caused this. He hadn't meant what he said. He didn't let go even as Mew's father tried to check on his son. He only loosened his grip when the ambulance got there.

The paramedics came and carried an unconscious Mew into the ambulance. As Gulf was about to go into the Ambulance too, Mew's father stopped him,

"You are coming with me in my car," Mr Jong asserted.

Gulf refused. "I have to be with him to make sure he is ok," he was still crying.

"yes, we are going to the hospital in my car," Mew's father managed to convince him.

Gulf was in a hurry, so he rushed to Mr Jong's car. He was so worried the whole ride that he didn't pay attention to the similar route the car was going. When he came to, they were outside his house and he made a scene. He started screaming asking for Mew begging to be taken to the hospital, but Mr Jong would not let him. He patiently waited until Gulf calmed down and they went in the house together.

Mr Traipipat was not pleased. He was angry at Gulf and even more at Mr Jong's family.

"first you steal my pendant and now you're stealing my son too?" Mr Traipipat accused as soon as they came in.

"It has to be a misunderstanding." Mr Jong went on to explain what had happened with the pendant.

"what's the excuse on my son?" the angry father folded his arms and leaned back on the couch waiting.

Mr Jong tried to be as transparent as he could about his family issues in his explanations.

"I'm glad you brought back my son, if you hadn't it would have been another story," Gulf's father finished.

"again, my apologies Mr Traipipat to you and your family. Let me know if you need help in any way, I'll be glad to help" he said handing a six zero check to Mr Traipipat who rejected the check right away.

"I must take my leave now. I have to go to my son. I thought to bring your son back home first." Although he looked calm, he was perturbed inside.

"I appreciate your concern Mr Jong," the two men shared an awkward handshake before Mr Jong left the house going straight to the hospital.

"what did the doctor say?" he asked his wife as soon as he got to the hospital VIP room their son was in.

She sniffled, "he should have started therapy earlier, he said we were late. It was an emotional shock, they advised to start therapy as soon as possible." she finished with a heavy sigh.

"is everything ready?" Mr Jong asked as he tried to comfort his sad wife.

"yes, they said it was ready." Tears wouldn't stop coming out. She was a mother after all.

Everything had gone as planned by Mr Jong and when Mew woke up, he was in a strange bed that was not really comfortable. When he tried sitting up, a man who looked like a doctor came to his aid.

He was not feeling too good. He looked around and asked the man where he was.

"you're on a plane," he replied.

"Excuse me?" Mew was shocked.

"Mr Jong, you are on a plane to the USA for medical reasons."

This had been the end of their second encounter.