Chapter 19

The hallway of J-Limited Co Hotel was packed. On the entrance there were two banners. On the left was the Inauguration ceremony of the CEO and on the right was labelled wedding. Two events were taking place at the hotel.

Gulf had been helpless in this matter. He only found out about the venue a few days before. He wasn't part of the planning.

He was there at the door of his wedding room, half-heartedly greeting people and welcoming them to the wedding. He was distracted. He kept on looking at the room opposite hoping to catch a glimpse of Mew. His friends from work came. They greeted him and gave congratulatory messages. As they were about to go in, he asked them to hangout for a few minutes since he was not having fun.

They were hanging out when they heard chaos coming from the opposite room. Reporters rushed out calling their colleagues to publish news of the newly appointed CEO fainting during the inauguration. It didn't take long when an ambulance was pulling up in front of the hotel and paramedics were running in with a stretcher.

The guys stood there taking in the events unfolding before their eyes. Gulf watched Mew being wheeled on the stretcher bed with an oxygen mask on his face, Mild besides the stretcher.

Gulf stumbled back and his friends held him.

"Are you ok man?" They asked.

He was not ok. He thought of the day Mew fainted. The day he last saw Mew. It took him 14 years to see him again. He hadn't even apologized for calling him a monster. In his mind, the same thing was repeating again. Mew was going away again. He lost it. He turned around to the guy on his left.

"Tell Eyie I'm sorry. I need to go somewhere."

He sprinted out of the building hoping to get in the ambulance this time. His timing was wrong. The ambulance was pulling away just as he got there. He ran to his 'just married' car and got in. He managed to get behind the ambulance. He got to the hospital right after the ambulance and when he got there it was already flooded with reporters. After being thrown out by security three times being mistaken as a reporter, he managed to sneak in with a group of paramedics who had just exited another ambulance with a patient.

He searched the Emergency Room but he couldn't find Mew. Of course he wouldn't be in the ER. He went to get an elevator for the VIP section. As soon as he got there he knew Mew was there. Mild was there standing with a group of doctors. He sneakily went closer. There was a curtain behind them so he managed to get behind the curtain and heard what they were saying.

"His mind waves are indicating towards a coma." An attractive male doctor said holding an iPad.

"Is it that serious?" Mild asked perplexed by the news.

Gulf held his mouth to hold a shocked gasp from escaping his mouth.

"It's actually much worse than that. His body shows signs of fatigue from overworking and he hasn't been eating as much as he was supposed to."

"God" Mild said wiping sweat from his face with both of his hands. He hadn't expected all this to happen.

"it gets worse." This time an older male doctor said surfing his own iPad.

"when the patient was brought in, we recognised signs of overdose in his system although it wasn't fatal, we pumped his stomach and we managed to get most of the toxic substances out of his body, now we have to worry about him waking up and also his mental health."

"Wait, did you say overdose?" Mild's eyes widened.

"Yes. We found what we identified as Beta Blockers in his system. We suspect he took more than he should have. My research says it should be a dosage of one for calming down anxiety but in his system he had a dosage of five or more.