Chapter 14

Dedicating this chapter to Dallisha86 for the first comment. I appreciate you ❤️. Thank you everyone for reading and voting.

Mild had to shake Mew out his stupor.

"please give us a few minutes." He excused and closed the door.

"Hey," he softly called out to get Mew's attention. "do you want to go home? We can reschedule this, they are desperate, so they'll understand."

Mew thought if they rescheduled then Gulf will know that something was going on. He didn't want to do that. He could try. He could do this. It's been years. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath and opened them,

"I can do this. I only need 15 mins, lets be done before then."

"ok."

They went back in and offered their apologies.

"Mr Kanawut," Mew said referring to the President,

"oh no, I'm Mr Panad, the President of SSC, this is my vice, Mr Kanawut," he said directing his hand to Gulf.

"oh" Mew said in realization that he had talked to Gulf on the email. His last name threw him off. He only remembered Traipipat.

"it's nice to meet you Mr Panad, Mr Kanawut" He finished.

They sat down and got right into it.

"why should we invest in your project gentlemen. We don't really have much time on our hands we only have 15 mins I hope you understand," Mild brought up the time issue.

Gulf took his file and brought it closer to him. He opened it and handed the men sitting behind the table some papers. He started talking.

"well Dr Suppasit we are very delighted that you agreed to meet with us on a short notice," Gulf said looking at Mild who raised his eyebrows and hand to stop Gulf.

"im sorry gentlemen I think we should have done a proper introduction than to just assume our names. You can call me Mr Suttinut and this here is Dr Suppasit. He is the CEO's son and soon to be CEO of J-Limited Co."

Gulf blushed in confusion. Dr Suppasit? He wondered. He had many questions.

"my apologies" Gulf muttered.

The time had gone by somewhat smoothly. However, Mew started sweating 10 mins in. He kept on making eye contact with Gulf throughout the ten minutes. He clenched his fists under the table. As soon as Mild noticed Mew was having a hard time, he concluded the details of the meeting. He knew the signs too well.

"gentlemen can you please send us an email with all the details we have discussed today, if you have any additions let us know in the email and we'll get back to you." Mew and Mild left without looking back. They rushed to the underground parking lot where they parked their car.

Mew almost fell when they got to the car but Mild caught him. He put Mew in the back seat. Mew removed his blazer and necktie. He unbuttoned three top buttons of his dress shirt and undone the cuffs. He was feeling suffocated. If he could take off all his clothes, he would. He was feeling constricted. He wanted out. He began hyperventilating. His breathing wouldn't normalise. He started coughing. He was in pain.

Mild immediately went to the back seat and proceeded to remove the shirt he was wearing. He also opened the buttons on his dress pants. He had done this plenty of times. He took Mew medicine that was in his blazer pocket and gave him two. They would calm him down and knock him out. It's been more than 5 years since he had seen Mew have a panic attack this bad.

"please help me, I don't know what to do" Mew whispered and blacked out.

Mild was feeling sad. It was so hard to see his friend suffering like this. Thankfully, Mew had blacked out and it didn't drag on. His anxiety attacks used to drag on for 10 to 20 mins depending on what had triggered him.

He kissed Mew's forehead and tried to put him down so he can lay down in the back seat. The only part Gulf and his senior saw as they were going to their car that was in the parking lot.

"is this why they were rushing out?" the President scoffed and proceeded to the car. Gulf lingered to see what was really going on. In a passing glance, they looked like they were being naughty in the backseat, but Mild's serious stressed face indicated otherwise. He looked troubled as he was closing the back seat door and going to the driver's seat. Gulf ignored the rest of what Mild was doing as he started wondering why Mew was not getting up from the back seat.

His staring was disrupted by the calling of his name. He rushed to the car with a thousand questions dancing in his mind.

Later that day, Mild went out to get dinner for both because they hadn't gone out shopping for food and groceries. Mew had suggested online shopping but Mild had insisted on visiting the store. He wanted the experience. No one knew them so they had to take advantage of that. Maybe he should have agreed to online shopping. He thought as he pressed the button to summon the elevator from the underground parking lot. His phone rang and he picked it up just as the elevator dinged and opened. He went on as he answered the phone.

The elevator stopped on the lobby and opened. A group of people went in and it was almost full.

"oh yes he woke up 2 hours ago for a few minutes and blacked out again. I think he is still drugged by the medicine. We did double the dosage since it was bad. He will be waking up soon don't worry, I thought he would be hungry so I went to buy us dinner. I'll give an update before going to bed. As for the meeting we covered the basics and rushed it through" Mild finished the conversation but didn't realise there were only two people left in the elevator.

When did all the people exit? He wondered.

He closed his phone to look at the person with him in the elevator. He realised it was Gulf. Why was he here?

Gulf had listened to what Mild said and he was worried. Mew was not feeling well. That's why they rushed the meeting. What was wrong with him? Was it serious?

"I know I shouldn't ask but is your friend ok?"

Then don't ask, was what Mild wanted to say. The audacity. He thought.

"yes my friend is ok," he said in a stern voice.

"what's wrong with him?" Gulf asked concerned. Mild just stared at him with a look that screamed Really dude? The elevator opened just in time before Mild could respond.

Gulf looked up and saw it was his floor. He forced his feet to move. He went out with a heavy heart. He was worried. But why after all these years? After all that Mew did to him why did he still feel this way? After leaving him alone and not saying anything why was he back and not feeling well? He was frustrated. He banged the door to his apartment without realising it. His girlfriend was startled.

"are you ok?" she peeked her head from the kitchen.

"please don't mind me," Gulf replied exhausted.

"hard day at work?" she asked approaching Gulf suductively.

"don't even mention it." Gulf rubbed his temple.

"do you want to take a bubble bath together maybe it might help" his girlfriend said in a suggestive tone, her hand travelling to Gulf's nether regions to stimulate something.

Gulf stopped her hand from going any further. He was not in the mood. "actually, can you please give me some time to myself tonight I feel like my head might just explode right now."

"come on babe don't be so stressed, I promise I'll make you feel good tonight." She didn't let go. Gulf felt frustrated by Eyie's insisting. He was worried about something important and this clingy person was not letting him be. He roughly removed Eyie's hands from his body.

"I asked for some time alone tonight didn't I? just let me be for tonight, OK?" he burst out.

Gulf regretted his outburst towards his girlfriend the following morning when he was preparing for work. He had just finished putting on his neck tie when Eyie said,

"We're getting married in 3 weeks."