Chapter 7

Mrs Jeed went pale.

She couldn't lose her job. If she wasn't on the corridor, she would have knelt and begged Mew not to make her lose her job.

"oh no its not me," Mew said taking a step back and shaking his hands.

"please tell me who it is," she pleaded.

"I don't think I can. I just wanted to help you out so that you know what's coming your way," he started to walk away.

"I'll do anything for them," Mrs Jeed shouted after Mew and that made him stop. He smirked.

"did you say anything?" he looked back at the helpless teacher.

"anything," she confirmed, w makeup smudged from crying but that was not even the tiniest bit of her concern.

"so, I don't know who the person is, but my friend knows. My friend told me that if he passes all his exams then he'll be able to open up about the whole story. He told me that Puifai gave her a note telling him the name of the person who might have done it."

"who is your friend?"

"that's your homework ma'am I have done my part, you do the rest." He winked at the teacher and left.

When Mew left her standing alone, she immediately thought who Mew's friend was but she had no idea. Mew was a loner as far as she was concerned. Just then, Tum passed by.

"uhm excuse me student, do you know who Mew's friend is by chance?" she asked.

"yes uhm its Gulf, the whole school knows that Gulf is the only person Mew talks to."

"can you please call him for me?" she had to confirm something.

Tum muttered a "sure" and he went back to the class to call Gulf. When Gulf was outside the classroom, Tum told him that the teacher was looking for him.

"Good day teacher, I heard you're looking for me?" Gulf asked the teacher seeming distracted. He was really worried about his cat. He wasn't even concentrating.

"yes uhm I have a question, did Puifai pass you a note telling you about the person wrecking the furniture in class?"

Gulf was too stressed to listen the rest of the question. He heard the first part about Puifai handing him a note and he answered yes.

"ok," was the teacher's response then she walked away with a new mission of making Gulf pass his midterms so he could tell Mew who the person was.

Mew ended school week horribly. They were sitting outside eating lunch and Aim, a junior passed by. Gulf was captivated. She was everything Gulf would want in a girlfriend. When the girl walked away, Gulf remembered Mew always stared at him, he sneakily looked around to see if Mew had caught him eying the girl. He should have known that Mew was always looking at him. He started blushing. Mew kept on staring. Daring Gulf to say anything. Gulf should've known better but he ended up saying,

"she's my type," he said blushing. His cheeks and ears went red. It was an innocent reaction.

"oh really?" Mew replied still staring hard.

"can you stop staring at me....please." Gulf was feeling funny. He had to admit that Mew's eyes were good looking. Sexy even. He looked at Mew one last time and looked away. He felt Satisfied? Whatever he was feeling, he liked it. He liked the look on Mew. The look Mew was giving him. The look of someone jealous. If only he knew.

The following day in the Jong's household, the family left in the same car, Mr Jong personally driving. They got to the venue. It was a nice day for a function, although overcrowded. Mew did not like being in the public unlike his family members who lived off it. The broadcasting was no joke. Flashes of cameras were coming from every direction. Mew had to wear sunglasses.