BLACK LIVES MATTER

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Hello readers,
This past week has been a ongoing cycle of chaos. This isn't just a trend, or a thing that will end in a week. Black people have been struggling with these ongoing events of brutality and harassment by the same people who claim they will protect and serve for hundreds of years. This isn't just about one man. This is the tip of the iceberg. They lost another life to the hands of police officers. They are angry and rightfully so. What the media is trying to do is hide the truth. The protesters have been peaceful up until the police show up. There are countless amount of videos of police initiating the violence. Scrolling through twitter for less than 20 seconds and you will see the unedited version of what is really going on during these protests. Don't let the news or your parents dictate your knowledge. Educate yourselves. This movement isn't a movement against non-black people. Black lives matter isn't a concept to trick you into thinking other lives don't matter. All lives don't matter until black lives matter. No person should be afraid of stepping out of their homes because of the color of their skin. The black community has influenced so many things we do today, from fashion to music and foods. Don't only support black lives when it benefits you or when it's trendy. Open your eyes. Our generation needs to make a difference. We must undo what our ancestors did before us. Support your local black businesses and amplify the black voices. Your responsibility is to listen to black people not talk over them. Don't try to explain why they shouldnt be uncomfortable change your actions and let them know you're willing to change your behavior in order to make them feel safe.