{23}

"I like the yellow top more. Brings out your eyes." Sam said pointing at the yellow shirt that y/n was holding up.
"Sounds Good." Y/n agreed taking it towards the mirror to change.
"So where are you two gonna go?" Sam through the phone  asked
"I'm not sure. He said we'd get ice cream and then he said he wanted to show me a 'special spot'." Y/n explained.
"Ooh 'special spot' can't tell if that's soft or suspicious." Sam said adjusting the camera on Videochat.
"Knowing Eric it's probably soft." Y/n responded
"Aw, is y/n falling for Eric?" Sam gushed.
"Not yet." Y/n stated shaking her head
"YET?" Sam yelled.
Y/n just winked and continued to get ready.

                    *                        *                      *

"Who puts gummy bears in ice cream?" Y/n said through laughter.
"Hey! At least I have something exciting. Miss. 'Vanilla with coconut.' Seriously how boring can you get?" Eric retorted
"Safe is Not boring." Y/n argued
"But it is the loser thing to do." Eric responded.
"Well that's what they call me." Y/n confidently announced. Making Eric smile.
They were walking around the city while chatting over their ice cream.
"So where is this 'special spot' you've been talking about?" Y/n asked before eating a spoonful of ice cream.
"Well I'm glad you asked." He clapped.
He grabbed y/n's free hand and led her in the direction of a park. His actions will probably never feel normal to the girl but she tries her best to hide her nervousness.
"Welcome to my second home." Eric announced
They were standing in the middle of a skate park.
"Your second home is a skate park?" Y/n questioned looking at the boy with a confused expression.
"Yup. You have the library and I have this place." Eric enthusiastically gestured towards the empty skate park.
"So you're the reason the principal's Office always has a skateboard in it?" Y/n asked
"Yup. He always takes it away from me whenever he sees me in the hallway." Eric embarrassing admitted.
"Nice." Y/n laughed at the embarrassed boy.
"Have you ever skated?" Eric asked
"Other than times I tripped over Jae's skateboard when he left it laying around, nope." Y/n responded.
"Great. I'll teach you." Eric offered holding out his hand which y/n accepted
"Woah." Y/n said trying to keep her balance
"Take it Slow." Eric said keeping his hand on her arm.
"Well we're not exactly going fast." Y/n said gesturing the snail pace that they were going.
They continued to make slow laps around the park while laughing at y/n's clumsy mistakes. At one point Eric personally demonstrated how to properly skate while keeping balance.
"How do you make it look so easy?" Y/n complained with her arms crossed
"Practice." Eric shrugged
"We've been doing laps for like twenty minutes and I'm still clumsy." Y/n whined
"Hey you're good with studying and school stuff and I'm good at other funner things." Eric explained
"I don't think 'funner' is a word." Y/n corrected
"See! If you weren't so uptight you would be good at skating." Eric retorted making y/n pout.
"Prove me wrong. Try skating but without being so tense." Eric challenged.
"Fine." Y/n accepted his challenge.
And just as Eric said y/n skated trying to be less tense and she was indeed more smooth.
"I told you." Eric said while clapping
"Okay maybe you're right." Y/n gave in.
"Sometimes you need to just relax." Eric explained.
"Easier said than done." Y/n said through a sigh
"Challenge accepted park y/n" Eric said dramatically making y/n smile.

                  *                         *                       *

The rest of the date went smoothly Eric offered to walk y/n home which she accepted.
"Thank you for tonight." Y/n thanked Eric
"Thank you for coming." Eric said with a smile.
"I had fun, I have a new found respect for skateboarders but I had fun." Y/n said making Eric laugh.
"I'm glad you liked visiting my special spot. You should come around more often I could teach you some tricks." Eric suggested
"Only if you visit the library more often you could maybe even learn something." Y/n responded.
"I'll think about it." Eric nodded.
They kept eye contact for a few moments before Eric forced the courage to lean in the kiss y/n's cheek.
"Good Night y/n" Eric waved goodbye.
"Good Night Eric." Y/n said before walking in the direction of the front door.
"Somebody looks happy." Jae said catching y/n off-guard.
"I didn't see you there." Y/n said clutching her chest from shock.
"How was your date." He asked with a grin
"Fine." Y/n stated failing to hide a smile
"Fine? He didn't try anything did he?" Jae questioned sounding more serious.
"No. He was very respectful the entire time." Y/n assured
"Good. If he tries anything you aren't comfortable with just let me know." Jae warned.
"Will do big bro." Y/n nodded.
"I'm here for ya lil sis." Jae said patting her on the head.
Both siblings walked back up into their own bedrooms. Y/n was just out of the shower and in her pajamas when she heard a knock at the door.
"Come in!" Y/n said just loud enough to be heard by the person behind the door.
Suddenly the door opened revealing Hyunjin who was also dressed in his pajamas.
"Hey there Hwang." Y/n greeted.
"What's up Park!" He responded
"What brings you here?" Y/n asked the boy who was standing in the doorway of her bedroom.
"I was just wondering how your date was." He responded leaning against the doorway.
"It was really good. Eric taught me how to skateboard." She responded ending her sentence with a smile.
"You fell a lot didn't you?" Hyunjin accused with a grin.
"Many times yes." Y/n laughed while nodding.
"So you had fun?" Hyunjin asked looking in y/n's eyes
"Yes I had fun." Y/n nodded
"Good. I'm glad." Hyunjin said nodded with a disappointed expression.
"How are you and Ryujin?" Y/n changed the subject.
"Great!" Hyunjin smiled. But his smile didn't seem genuine.
Y/n's phone started to ring and sam's contact photo was flashing on the screen.
"She's probably calling to see how the date went." Y/n said picking her phone up.
"Well I leave you two alone. Goodnight park." Hyunjin said walking in the direction of the door.
"Goodnight Hwang." Y/n said waving him goodbye before answering sam's phone call.